The Garrison House Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Annapolis Royal Inn(Annapolis Royal)(Great Value!)
US$74
Aurora Inn(Kingston)
US$109
Hedley House(Smith's Cove)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsoff street parkingscreened porchlarge bathroomwindow air conditionerbacon eggsfort annewithin walking distancestayed here for nightsb bhistoric gardensnice roomlobsternova scotiacharmfloorboardstubwaterfront
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 September 2017

We arrived at the Garrison House Inn late in the afternoon and were given a cute and comfortable room overlooking Fort Anne, which was literally across the street. The location can't be beat!

After finding out that the restaurant was open until 9, we went for a walk and lost track of time until after 8:30, when we returned to the restaurant and apologetically asked if it was too late to eat. Despite our bad timing we were welcomed into the screened porch and served one of the best meals we had in Nova Scotia as though the staff had all the time in the world to accommodate us. We never felt rushed even though we were the only people in the restaurant for an hour after it closed. The service was impeccable.

We very much enjoyed our stay and our wonderful meal at the Garrison House Inn and hope to return soon.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Patrick R, Owner at The Garrison House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2017

Thanks you

Reviewed 19 August 2017

The salmon was well seasoned and delicious, BUT the 5 different vegetables were each separately cooked perfectly; not too crunchy. Please come to my house and cook! a lovely "deck " that was protected from the wind.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your business, we appreciate you kind comments.

Reviewed 7 August 2017

My husband and I stayed for two nights and were very comfortable. It is a wonderfully maintained old house, and room and bathroom were good sized and charming. Having once lived in a house built in 1778, I loved the wide floorboards and didn't mind the small closet.
We ate dinner the second night and all was very good, with scrupulous attention to my husband's shellfish allergy (tragic for a coastal resident). Service at breakfast was wonderful as well. We will make sure to return.

Room Tip: Take care on historic staircase.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Patrick R, Owner at The Garrison House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thanks for the business!

Reviewed 6 August 2017

My husband and I stayed for one night. We live 2 1/2 hours from Annapolis Royal and wanted to explore the area. The Garrison is a beautiful historic Inn across from Fort Anne. It is the type of Inn I love! As my husband and I have backgrounds in fisheries, we particularly loved the incredible fish and whale sculptures on the walls! Our room was lovely and comfortable, the service was so friendly and efficient, pretty much a very welcoming atmosphere! We didn't eat in the restaurant(next time) but I liked the fact that the menu offered Nova Scotian locally available products! The breakfast was wonderful! I am recommending this charming Inn to my friends! Very peaceful and relaxing! We love Annapolis Royal!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Thanks you!

Reviewed 31 July 2017

This is a great location for walking around Annapolis Royal, exploring the shops, Fort Anne and the Historic Gardens, and walking along the waterfront. During our stay we also drove to Grand Pre and Port Royal; the Garrison House was a charming & comfortable base for such wanderings. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Our room faced the street but was still quiet and private. The room decor is antique-charming without being over the top. Bathroom was roomy and looked recently renovated. We had dinner elsewhere so I can't review that, but we enjoyed the breakfast--not fancy but was what we wanted: bacon & eggs, granola/yogurt/fruit.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple