US$108
US$91
US$145
US$111
US$107
All reviewshard wood floorsdated decorlovely spotair conditionerfront desk staffboardwalkdowntown
Reviewed 7 December 2017

Good value for money. The staff were very accommodating and pleasant. The room had everything we needed, not fancy but comfortable. The location is perfect for anyone doing business in Sydney. Lots of free parking.

Room Tip: Best views on the back side, ask for room on upper floors.
Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2017

It the room the ceiling there were a dirty paper towel stuck in the ceiling. It smell cigarette in the rom. The bathroom was dirty and hair inside the drawer. The bed is not comfortable. The furniture was ugly and scrath we thought we were in homeless home. I ask to change room it was a little better. But when I got home from the Martime they charge twice for one night. I call them a week after and totaly ignore me . We argue with them . So be careful they wanted your credit card the night before and they charge me. I told the girl a t the fron t desk I will pay cash but she said we need your credit card. The next morning they ask for my credit card but I did not notice they charge me agian. This man Dave the manager say it was our fault. Why paid for $129. 00 twice when I could stay at the Holiday Inn for $200.00 it 5 star hotel. The girl at the reception was very nice. But the mananger did not take the responsibility for the double charge. They never reemburse us for the the extra charge. We are so disappoint, but the Maritime is so beautiful. We ate at the Bistro it was good. Please everyone you read this review don’t be taken by them. Next year we are going with 5 couples include us but we won’t stay at that place.

Room Tip: Should have more insolation threw the wall.
Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

Don’t expect much. In fact do not expect even what is listed here. There is no breakfast of any kind even though the image of the sign says there is and it is listed as an amenity. Wifi?? Well in theory it is there but it is not reliable. Beds are small, lumpy, cheap mattresses, and low to the floor, unnecessary furniture that is cheap pressed board taking up space in the tiny rooms. Get rid of it! The only good thing in the room was the bathtub, it was deep and would have made for a great bath but I couldn’t based on the cleanliness of the room. I ate at the restaurant while I was there and was impressed with the food. It was a complete 180 from the atmosphere and service of the hotel but I have learned that shortly after my stay the chef they had is gone and now I see the menu has been down graded to a lot of fried food. Instead of improving they seem to be taking steps even further backwards. Not sure who they are trying to attract but it won’t be me. Do yourself a favour and spend the extra $40 to get a room that won’t leave you cringing.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 September 2017

Imagine for a moment you’re sleeping in a hotel room . . . .
You wake from a very deep sleep at 3am by an ear piercing sound that scares the daylights out of you! You jump out of bed in the darkness, with your heart racing and your blood pressure through the roof. The sound is unbelievably loud, and you still don’t know where it’s coming from. For a brief moment, you think it’s maybe a siren or an alarm of some sort. An instant later, you realize it’s the telephone!
WHO SETS THE VOLUME ON TELEPHONES THIS LOUD?!?!?!?!
You run across the room in the dark and answer it with an incredulous (who would call me at 3am) “HELLO?!”.
On the other end a very intoxicated man answers you with absolute gibberish. Your first thought is, “are you kidding me?!”. Of course you just hang up and return to your bed. Trying to calm down, you think to yourself, “why would the front desk put through a call from a drunk to a guest room at 3am?!”.
After a few minutes trying to relax so you can go back to sleep, there is a knock on your door! Now you’re thinking “un-frigging believable!”. You were already upset, but now your blood has just about reached the boiling point! You bite your lip and try to ignore it. About 30 seconds later there is another knock. You close your eyes and continue to ignore it. A few seconds later there are taps on the window! (yes, there is a window with blinds that are currently shut). A few more seconds go by and then there is POUNDING on the door!
THATS IT!! You LOSE it! You jump up and head for the window. You raise the blinds and simultaneously unload a torrent of 4 letter words on him, interspersed with “LEAVE NOW OR I WILL CALL THE POLICE!”. As he leaves you just barely hear something that sounds like “the front desk sent me to the wrong room”.
You immediately pick up the phone, call the front desk, and ask whether he sent someone to your room at 3am. He answers in a very loud voice, “No, I sent him to room 218 not 215!”. Just then you hear (through the phone) the drunken man enter the lobby. Immediately he and the front desk clerk start yelling at one another, then the clerk pauses and says quite loudly, “I’m sorry but I’m just dealing with it now!” and hangs up on you!
You return to bed, and all you can think is "I can't believe this just happened?!". You lay there with your eyes open in the dark for the rest of the night. Before checkout you ask to speak with the hotel manager. You explain everything to him, and then you ask, “why would the front desk clerk send a very intoxicated man to one of the guest rooms at 3 in the morning?”. His answer is, “I don’t know but I will speak with him”.
You give him ample opportunity to compensate you in some way for your “nightmarish stay” at their establishment, but he offers you nothing other than an apology.
This was my first (and last) stay at The Martin Arms Hotel in Sydney, NS on Sunday September 10th 2017.
PS: I would eat at the restaurant (Triple Crown Bistro) again. It was very nice, and they are not owned or operated by The Martin Arms Hotel.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank rfennimore
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

I checked in July 18th. My first time in Canada. Being an hospitality professional. I started my evaluation of The Martins from the look of tje building. It is okay. Front office staff fantastic service. The room facing the road is very nice for a first timer. Very clean
The towels are sparkling clean. Room very clean
Areas to improve on: room attendants does not anticipate guests needs. My 3 days i have to greet them before before they would respond
Health and safety : there is an iron rod that comes out by the bedside. Guests can hit their leg on it which i did twice. Please check all your bed for health and safety.
I did not eat despite that my room rate is inclusive breakfast. But from hospitality professional review. Someone could have called the second to ask me and that is a way of upselling the food and beverage aspect of the hotel.
But despite the shortcomings i enjoyed my 3 days.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business