1,971 results
All reviews heavenly bed elements restaurant farmers market train station nova scotia an older hotel liquor store starbucks coffee front desk staff harbour view historic hotel valet parking downtown halifax jesse yuk pier superstore
Reviewed 4 July 2017

I stayed here during my visit to Halifax a few weeks ago and I have to say, it was an amazing experience! The room was spacious and comfortable. The building was very modern and very well maintained. But above all else, the staff was extremely kind and welcoming. They treated me like family. A huge thank you to the concierge... especially Matt, Lee, and Luke for all of their help. They were so resourceful, informative, approachable, and above all else they were patient and kind. So much so that I kinda got emotional as I said goodbye to them after I checked out. Thank you guys so much from the bottom of my heart! I will not stay anywhere else the next I come to Halifax. I'm going straight to the Westin!

Room Tip: Try to get a room that overlooks the harbour!! So beautiful!!
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
John W, General Manager at The Westin Nova Scotian, responded to this reviewResponded 6 July 2017

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at the Westin. I will be sure and share your comments with the team and especially Matt, Lee and Luke who all had a positive influence on your stay! We are looking forward to seeing you again when back in Halifax.

Be well,

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

We loved our stay here because of the great service!

People is very kind and the hotel has a great location just in the Halifax Waterfront.
It was a great hotel for our last "honeymoon-days" in Canada.

Breakfast is ok, waiters are kind and the bellmen are all awesome - they helped us a lot with all city details and with the car! Front desk is very helpful too!

The only issue is that the hotel needs a renovation soon, due the rooms are quite old and the bar & restaurant areas too.

Thank you for an outstanding service, you made our stay!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
John W, General Manager at The Westin Nova Scotian, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2017

Hi,

Thank you for providing feedback on your stay and experience at the Westin Nova Scotian, we appreciate the comments and your business. Hope your entire honeymoon was fantastic and please come and visit us again. We are scheduled for a complete room renovation this year and are looking forward to the upgrudes!

Be well,

Reviewed 2 July 2017

My family and I stayed here for a night. We had one room book, but the hotel was nice enough to give us 2 rooms adjoining. I was really happy about that. The room was ok, less than what I expected for Westin hotel. Service was excellent. I was a little chilly (rainy blah day), the heat was not working, maintenance came right and and offered me a little portable heater.
The location was great, near the flea market, restaurants and the Cruise Port, boardwalk. Very nice area.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family

Hi,

Thank you for staying with us and for letting us know about your experience. Glad the team was able to quickly accommodate your requests and glad you enjoyed the city! I am excited to share that the hotel is scheduled for a full room renovation later this year!

Be well and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

It was in a good location, on the waterfront and with a huge supermarket & liquor store next door. But....it definitely needs a BIG makeover, everything looks tired and a bit grubby. We didn't get a water view (even though members). The breakfast was okay but all the food was lukewarm, apart from the omelet bar (the best part of breakfast!)

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Janice,

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for letting us know about your experience. I am sorry to year that your breakfast not great and I will follow up with the team. I can share with you that we are in the process of planning our room renovation later this year which will address your concerns on the condition of the hotel.

Be well and hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed 1 July 2017 via mobile

This is an old but pretty well located property with well maintained but average rooms. But I have to commend the employees at the arrival desk, the check in, the restaurant and generally for being helpful and convivial. This is a good place for heading in and out of Halifax. Relatively well priced for a city hotel on a short term basis.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi Ann,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and happy to hear the team was helpful! We have a great team of professionals ready and able to assist to ensure every guest has a great experience.

Be well and please come back and see us again!