We had a little suite at the front of the hotel on the second floor. There was a large balcony that had a couple of chairs and a little table. The room had a queen bed, sofa, coffee table and a bar area (with a small sink, microwave, mini fridge, cabinets).
We didn't use the balcony much as it was quite dewy in the morning and at night.
This hotel was located on a highway (80km/h) so there was some noise from traffic, particularly in the morning. As well, there is a very long train that went by a few times during our stay and it was quite loud. The air conditioner in the room is one that goes through the window. It was VERY noisy. We couldn't keep it on at night due to the noise which resulted in an uncomfortably warm sleep.
The room itself was a good size, however, the floor was creaky and slanted. It felt like you were in a fun house walking from the bed to the bar area. The bathroom was quite small but it had been updated. When we arrived, our sink wouldn't drain but after advising the front desk, the problem was fixed. When you turn on the bathroom light, the fan automatically turns on with it. The fan was very loud.
The cleanliness of the room was so, so. There was a few pieces of pepperoni on the floor under the coffee table and a small stool. Either the room wasn't vacuumed prior to our arrival or they missed those spots.
The hotel's location is about a 15-20 minute drive from downtown depending on the traffic. We were only at this hotel for a few nights and I had planned out our destinations during the day so that we didn't have to return to the hotel frequently to change. Had we stayed in Halifax for any longer, I would have preferred that we chose another hotel closer to downtown so that we could walk around and not have to worry about parking.
The breakfast at the hotel was phenomenal and the little room to eat in is quite quaint. We were definitely impressed by the selection and availability of food.
One thing to note, this hotel doesn't have an elevator so you are stuck lugging your bags up two flights of stairs for a second floor room or a flight of stairs for the first floor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Inn Halifax is near the downtown city centre. Business travellers will appreciate the convenience of an on-site business centre with a computer with internet access and fax machine.Guest rooms include refriderators, microwaves, irons & boards, hair dryers and cable TV. Some rooms are available with kitchenettes or whirlpool bathtubs.The perfect combination of convenient access to popular local attractions and great guest services makes the Comfort Inn a great place to stay in the Halifax Area! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn Halifax reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Halifax Hotel Halifax
- Halifax Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Halifax Nova Scotia