“A HUGE THANK YOU”

Comfort Inn Halifax
Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Halifax
Reviewed 21 October 2017

I arrived at this hotel feeling very fragile - several personal issues had left me very battered. I can't thank Amber the Duty Manager and Erin from the Front Desk for taking control and helping me deal with the things that could be sorted. They were kind and compassionate to the extreme and I am so grateful. As for the rest of the hotel - I really don't have much to add - I had a huge room - massive. The place was clean, all the staff seemed nice - especially the people from the restaurant but quite frankly, with the level of help and understanding I got from Amber and Erin, I was more than happy to be there - thank you so much once again

Stayed: October 2017

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

We are currently staying here while our moving company keeps our belongings in limbo hostage. My husbands work put us up here in the mean time since our town house is also not ready to move into. The hotel is beautiful and has a spectacular view of the basin. I am staying with my in mother and father in laws, my husband, our 3 month old daughter and my service dog in training. They have accommodated us and our needs by providing a bed for our daughter and dish soap to wash bottles. Washroom is huge! Rooms are a good size, it is quiet and the staff is super friendly. We are really enjoying our stay here. Thank you to the comfort inn staff who have been so helpful to us in this difficult move to the east coast.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Michelle D
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel is not located in downtown Halifax but it is easy to find and is in a good location to reach Peggy's Cove and Lunenburg. It is also close to some very good restaurants and a farmers market. I highly recommend the Esquire Restaurant. I found the room to be well appointed but small with all the stuff. The bathroom was ample. He old negatives were the noisy neighbour and the lady that maintained the breakfast room on Saturday did a terrible job. Most breakfast items were gone by 09:00 and yet there was product in the back. We really liked having the washer and dryer.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2017

We had a little suite at the front of the hotel on the second floor. There was a large balcony that had a couple of chairs and a little table. The room had a queen bed, sofa, coffee table and a bar area (with a small sink, microwave, mini fridge, cabinets).

We didn't use the balcony much as it was quite dewy in the morning and at night.

This hotel was located on a highway (80km/h) so there was some noise from traffic, particularly in the morning. As well, there is a very long train that went by a few times during our stay and it was quite loud. The air conditioner in the room is one that goes through the window. It was VERY noisy. We couldn't keep it on at night due to the noise which resulted in an uncomfortably warm sleep.

The room itself was a good size, however, the floor was creaky and slanted. It felt like you were in a fun house walking from the bed to the bar area. The bathroom was quite small but it had been updated. When we arrived, our sink wouldn't drain but after advising the front desk, the problem was fixed. When you turn on the bathroom light, the fan automatically turns on with it. The fan was very loud.

The cleanliness of the room was so, so. There was a few pieces of pepperoni on the floor under the coffee table and a small stool. Either the room wasn't vacuumed prior to our arrival or they missed those spots.

The hotel's location is about a 15-20 minute drive from downtown depending on the traffic. We were only at this hotel for a few nights and I had planned out our destinations during the day so that we didn't have to return to the hotel frequently to change. Had we stayed in Halifax for any longer, I would have preferred that we chose another hotel closer to downtown so that we could walk around and not have to worry about parking.

The breakfast at the hotel was phenomenal and the little room to eat in is quite quaint. We were definitely impressed by the selection and availability of food.

One thing to note, this hotel doesn't have an elevator so you are stuck lugging your bags up two flights of stairs for a second floor room or a flight of stairs for the first floor.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank samtan2017
Reviewed 22 September 2017

We had come from Cape Breton Island. It was late. We would probably not have come this far, but were anticipating seeing the Citadel in Halifax. As it turned out, we didn't see it anyway, so frankly, it would have been easier to put in at Truro, but we had reservations at this place.
The two young ladies at the front desk that evening, July 22, 2017, made us feel so welcome. We had booked ahead and had requested a room that didn't involve stairs. They put us right next to the elevator, which worked out nicely since the main hallway has two sections with about three steps each. The room was quiet, comfortable, and clean. We highly recommend this Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple