1,315 results
All reviews canadiana restaurant free movies nimfa bautista attached restaurant front desk breakfast room business park blu ray player jacuzzi suite general manager halifax area dvd player peggy's cove the hotel manager hot breakfast free parking yogurt
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

My family stayed here on a vacation to Halifax. The hotel is very well located, just a short drive to the downtown and harbourfront area. The front desk staff was very helpful and friendly, although after arriving at around 9pm (and quite weary), we had to wait nearly 10 minutes for someone to come to the front desk. She was very apologetic, so I will not hold this against the hotel. The room was very nicely appointed and comfortable. The entire hotel is warm and inviting. There is construction going on next door, but it didn't bother us. My favourite thing about this hotel was the breakfast buffet. It is a full buffet, not just a continental, and included freshly prepared pancakes and French toast. It had several hot and cold items, and even a choice of coffee strength. You eat on real plates with metal utensils. I would definitely consider staying again at Comfort Hotel Bayers Lake the next time I am in Halifax, with the added value received at the rate I paid.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2018

We stayed here recently both at the beginning and end of a 9 day trip to Nova Scotia. The hotel was very conveniently located and it was easy to get downtown (via streets, not a highway) and access highways for sightseeing outside of the immediate area. There's a shopping complex about 5 minutes away with good restaurants, a movie and IMAX theater, Wal-Mart and more. As others have stated the staff was exceptionally friendly and helpful, breakfast was pretty good for a hotel buffet (and yes - real plates and cutlery) and they had some of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in. The hotel has an extensive DVD library for free rentals during your stay. My only negative was that housekeeping missed our room one morning. Things happen, I understand, and the front desk staff was more than willing to furnish towels and whatever we needed. I highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2018

My friend and I were only here for a short time but our experience was phenomenal. The front desk staff were SO incredibly inviting, kind and helpful. Breakfast was the best hotel breakfast I have ever had!!! Everything is homemade and tastes real. A great place to stay that isn't far from the city!

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Have used a lot of Comfort Hotels in North America and this is by far the best and with breakfast they actually have real plates and cutlery which is so nice so often your at a hotel and they use just throw away plates and cutlery.

There is major construction going on at the hotel but hey that’s life once it’s finished the completed product will be better.

Hotel itself very nice comfortable beds rooms fitness centre swimming pool everything you need and expect.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

This hotel was a lovely surprise. We’d just spent 3 nights at a high end hotel in another city where we had to request that a mini fridge be brought to our room and where housekeeping was an absolute disappointment, in more ways than one. The Comfort Hotel at Bayer’s Lake was a total upgrade. Our room was clean and large enough to fit our son's crib without causing us to trip on it every time we walked by. There were always enough clean towels for us (I never once had to request that additional towels be sent), and everything (coffee, tea, soaps, etc.) was always replenished without question. The room came with a roomy mini fridge, as well as a microwave. We also had a DVD player that came in handy when there wasn’t anything kid friendly to watch in the evening when we returned from a full day of activities. The room was truly set up with all the basic comforts of home. The pool is not very large, but is clean and set at a comfortable temperature (at least 27-28 degrees Celsius) and has a shower and a convenient sauna nearby to help you warm up and get dry before heading up to your room. The breakfast (while nice to have included with our stay) was not the most ideal. A daily buffet of pancakes, French toast, breakfast sausage and scrambled eggs is offered with an array of store bought breads and cakes/muffins. Freshness and a variety of lighter, healthier options are limited. Still, the breakfast will likely appeal to many. I would say the only real negative experience I had was the racket that would begin at 8am every weekday due to the construction they are presently undergoing. They are in the process of adding a two level garage and a restaurant. It would’ve been nice if they’d made some kind of arrangements to ensure that guests weren’t awakened so early. Parents of young kids, like ourselves, are probably those who suffered the most from that. :) That being said, this is a temporary problem and is sure to make this, already lovely hotel, even lovelier and more accommodating. This is one hotel we will definitely be coming back to.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family