“It's a hit or miss experience.”
Review of Press Room Pub & Grill - CLOSED

Press Room Pub & Grill
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 25 May 2011

I went last night with my family for a special occasion. I can stand the overly loud music and dinginess if the food is good, but that wasn't the case. A lot of pubs in Pictou County can be great one week, but the next time you go you're wondering what happened.
We were seated and service wasn't too bad. We all ordered pub deep fried food so service should have been fast as the restaurant was not overly busy. We had a longer than expected wait and even though we put our order in before a table beside us, they got their fish and chips first. Then we had to wait 20 more minutes for ours to come out and it was horrible. Tough and greasy - pre-cooked or too cold/old oil? and soggy too dark fries. I asked the waitress if the fish was pre-cooked and she said it was not, then proceeded to take off as fast as possible so she didn't have to return it to the kitchen . When she took our plates, she seen that I did not eat the gross dough.
The ironic thing is that last week we went in and had the fish; and it was great: huge, crispy and fresh, so we figured to try it out again. But last night was their 2 for 1 so it was smaller and very bad -- do not go. I would not have wrote this review if the waitress would have taken it back to the kitchen for a replacement. Will never return!

Reviewed 17 July 2010

Food was ok ,place was cute staff was friendly.Prices were good.

Reviewed 14 July 2010

We had a nice lunch there - is was during their lobster celebration so the menu was limited. We reviewed their full menu and found no surprises. Good local seafood, pub burgers and fries, friendly staff.

Reviewed 10 July 2009

We ate a late lunch here after coming over on the PEI ferry. It was very dark and dank. Another disadvantage was that, if you wanted any other side besides fries with your meal (e.g.: mashed potato or veg), they upcharged $2.

Reviewed 22 June 2009

I really enjoy eating at the Press Room. They have above average pub food. My nephew thinks they have the best nachos ever! :)