“One-of-a-kind trip!”
Review of Arctic Watch Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nunavut
Arctic Watch Lodge
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Arctic Watch is a truly unique experience. The variety of wildlife I saw was amazing. The lodge is only a short walk away from the Cunningham Inlet, where dozens of beluga whales can be seen at a time playing in the shallows. Out on the tundra we saw a variety of birds, herds of muskoxen, arctic hares and foxes

The staff are all very friendly, great guides and very knowledgeable. The in-house chef prepared a fantastic variety of meals and the accommodations were very comfortable.

Time goes by quickly at Arctic Watch and a week went by before I knew it. I'd go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Justin M

Reviewed 31 October 2011

Being at Arctic Watch has given me a new love for the north. I spent a week there shooting photos all over the tundra. The staff took me in as one of their own, and the food was some of the best food I've ever had. Would go back for sure.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I have been thinking about how to get back to Arctic Watch since I got home. This 1 week trip to the North opened my eyes to what amazing travel experiences can be like. When i read about the location, I understood there would be whales but I did not expect Belugas, musk ox, polar bear, arctic foxes, snowy owls etc.

Between the whale watching, the hiking, the tours, the rafting, the Ice bergs and the amazing food I am not sure how I am going to top this trip.

Thank you to the amazing staff for making this a trip to remember.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrew M
Reviewed 8 September 2010

Most unbelievable experience in the High Arctic you can have. Belugas, musk ox, polar bear, arctic foxes, snowy owls. A knowledgable staff that helps you understand and appreciate all the High Arctic is. The staff is there to ensure personal attention to detail. Incredible food, clean air, pristine environment - just wonderful!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank gfreund
Reviewed 8 September 2010

I stayed at Arctic Watch for 4 days at the end of July 2010 with 10 fellow travelers for the purpose of running the Northwest Passage Marathon hosted by Arctic Watch (Somerset Island, Nunavut, Canada). The marathon itself was uniquely memorable, but no more so than the rest of our adventure!

It's difficult to review Arctic Watch as though it were a "hotel", because it is so much less than that (no TV, no spa, no golf, no shopping) and so much more (beluga whales, polar bears, musk ox, ice bergs, incredible scenery)! It's an entire experience in a location that is as breathtaking as it is remote!

I completely agree with reviewer "sandystorm" who has pretty much said it all, and accurately. Arctic Watch is not a place of luxury, but it's a long way from roughing it. The accommodations are more than adequate and perfectly comfortable. And the meals are delicious! I don't know how they do it, but they manage to offer fine dining in the Arctic!

Richard and Josee and their team have created the perfect place from which to enjoy the magic of the Arctic -- an experience unlike any other! I highly recommend an adventure at Arctic Watch. Ever since I left, I've been wondering how and when I might return.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank TravelToRun

Been to Arctic Watch Lodge? Share your experiences!