All reviews view of the lake lake ontario spencer smith park waterfront trail front desk staff yogurt music festival bed was comfortable breakfast was included business trip hockey tournament free parking pool and hot tub bulldog beaver kami paula
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for 5 nights for a business seminar. The venue and hotel room was arranged by my employer.
The receptionists were welcoming and helpful and had an open ear for special requirements, such as my wish to unplug the refrigerator in my room which was disturbingly loud. The Hotel as such is nothing to write home about, yet also not an establishment to complain about either. Things were in working condition, the rooms clean, conveniently located, Breakfast and Lunch were on the mediocre end.... It served the purpose.
If you expect some charm or a special touch you’d be disappointed. It’s a bit like a standard Airport-Hotel. You get what you need.
I was torn between 3 and 4 points...

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Waterfront H, General Manager at Waterfront Hotel Downtown Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to provide your feed back about your stay. I am happy that you were taken care of for all your little requests and the staff made sure they assisted you. I am sorry that you feel there was no charm and the there was no special touch. I have shared this with my team for coaching purposes. I hope while visiting Burlington again you give us another chance.

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Absolutely beautiful facility. Staff was extremely accommodating and kind. Complimentary breakfast was good but if would have been nice to order off a menu. Parking was a little crazy because of ribfest but overalll great exoerience

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Traveler, Thank you for the review. I am happy the staff made you feel welcomed and you enjoyed all the amenities we have to offer. I know that parking during rib fest can be a bit cray but happy to know it did not ruin your overall experience. We look forward to welcoming you back to Waterfront Hotel in the future. Please contact us directly to make a reservation .

Reviewed 30 August 2018

The location was good and the room was nice, but the amenities were poor. Let me name a few.

Security doors to outside did not latch
One elevator out of service and the other should have been serviced long ago
Hot Tub had mold around it.
TV was out of focus
No channel reference for cable, and the front desk said they didn't have one
No tongs to handle buffet food, saw guest put things back with his fingers
Breakfast buffet was lame
Too expensive

Room Tip: lake view is pretty
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest, thanks for the review and I am sorry to know you did not enjoy your stay at Waterfront Hotel. Please call me directly to discuss your stay 905-681-5400 ext:5378. I look forward to speaking with you.

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here 4 years ago for our wedding and decided to return for our wedding anniversary. Big mistake. Upon checking in we let the girl at the front desk know it was our anniversary and asked if champagne or anything could be provided as a courtesy. It was her first shift so she asked the girl training her who rudely said “no, they would have had to call ahead of time” and returned to what she was doing. Fine no biggie. We then asked if we could buy toothpaste as we forgot ours and was told she would have some sent up to the room. Didn’t happen. Later in the night my husband tried calling room service, was placed on hold and then hung up on. We paid almost $400 for our room and the customer service was completely lacking. We advised the staff at the front desk of this upon check out and were given the managers information after rushing us out and advising “there was nothing he could do.” After two emails and 2 phone calls, no one has even bothered to get back to us. This is incredibly disappointing and unfortunate as the hotel holds special memories for us. For individuals in the hospitality industry, it’s disappointing how evident the staffs lack of regard was for our complaints and subsequently the lack of communication to remedy our poor experience.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you did not feel the front desk took care of your requests at check in and i want you to know i'm truly sorry. I would like to speak with you directly. Please email me at gm@waterfronthotelburlington.com with the best number I can reach you. This truly is not a the reflection of my team.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Arrived August 25th for a family wedding. Our room on the first floor was ready, spacious and clean! Fridge, microwave and Keurig! Nice pool and exercise room which I didn’t have enough time to use! Loved the fish and chips I had for dinner at the hotels restaurant and the buffet breakfast was delicious as well. We enjoyed it on the patio watching many dogs enjoy their walks! The pier is lovely - we walked it both day and night! A children’s festival was on Sunday in the adjoining park! This is our second visit but both times only one night - not nearly enough time to enjoy all Burlington has to offer! And Pepperwoods across the street is not to be missed either!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest, thank you for the perfect review. I am pleased you were able to enjoy the restaurant and get out a bit while visiting. Please let me know when you will be returning and I will be more then happy to make a reservation for you.