“Very good Spanish restaurant”

Genesis Latin American Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 332 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$1 - US$12
Description: Authentic Latin American Cuisine - Pupusas, Churros, Tacos, Tostadas, Flautas, Empanadas, Tamales, Gorditas, Chimichangas, Burritos, Quesadillas, Sopas, Carne A La Parrilla, Pollo Con Mole, Filete De Pescado & Weekend Breakfast Specials From $4.99. Like Us On Facebook For Daily Specials.
Reviewed 21 April 2017

I been here with my colleagues, everybody looked the food. We had Chimichanga, Pollo con mole, Quesadilla. The fish wasn't good here. We are not Mexicans, we tried another restaurant in Cambridge downtown which was the best one. I reviewed this place comparing the taste with the former one.

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

Went here yesterday for an evening bite to eat. I think Genesis has now taken the title as my favorite place to get Mexican in Cambridge. Yesterday I had the nachos and a pork and cheese papusa. Both were pretty excellent. The nachos were pretty simple, topped with lettuce, tomato, cheese and feta on fresh made tortillas. Came with refried beans to dip. We also ordered some Guacamole. My sister-in-law tried the chimichangas and was quite happy with it.

I had been there maybe 6 months before and enjoyed the food, but I feel it was even better yesterday. Maybe different cook or something. They serve breakfast, with traditional Canadian fare, but they do serve a Latin American Breakfast which I'm definitely angling to try sometime soon.

2  Thank JamEs H
Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

So we don't know what happened tonight. When we walked in it was fairly busy. We ordered chips and salsa, pupusas, rice and beans. That's it.

Tables that were seated and ordered after us for their food, ate and left before we even saw our chips and salsa and I only got them because I asked for them.

We waiting 45 mins for our chips and salsa and over an hour for the rest to come.

A table that came in as we were finishing got their food 5 minutes after ordering and they had pupusas as well.

I'm not sure if the waitress forgot to put in our order or what but it should have been communicated to us.

Overall, the food was really good. Except the rice. Too dry and bland. I filled it with the salsa to finish it.

I would give this place another try since it seemed to be the service that was their downfall. But if it happens again, I wouldn't waste my time going back.

chrispvw, Owner at Genesis Latin American Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2017

Thank you very much for your review. I apologize as this is not how we typically operate on a daily basis. Unfortunately we were down not 1 but 2 employees 1 in the front and most important 1 in the back that manages production back there. I am not sure what happened regarding the mix up of orders and do not understand why it took so long for chips and salsa but I will look into this today with the staff who was working that evening. The weekends have been getting extremly busy for us so we recommend reservations and of course expect to be fully staffed however due to the time of year the flu doesn't help when more then one employe gets it. We are still new & are still trying to fill additional positions so we can ensure this does not happen in the future. If you get a chance please send me an email at genesisspanishrestaurant@gmail.com as I want to personally invite you back when it is convieneint for you. Again I apologize & hope to hear from you soon. Thank you

Reviewed 4 March 2017

This restaurant just opened and while the hours are a bit strange - the food so far has been better than expected.

Yet to try breakfast, but considering it. Real Authentic food, made with care!!!

1  Thank cfryer5
Reviewed 4 March 2017

We were looking for Spanish or Mexican food, and found Genesis on the net.

As son as we entered, the experience was wonderful. The menu is not overwhelming, plenty to choose from, but not too much. The food was amazing. The service (young man is in the family that owns it, I believe) was so engaging.

There is no liquor license, just so you know.

Freshly made guacamole... Is... Amazing!

We've been twice, and plan to made this a regular spot!

1  Thank DateKnight13