“Taco bliss!”

Genesis Latin American Restaurant
Ranked #40 of 362 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$1 - US$11
Description: Authentic Latin American Cuisine - Pupusas, Churros, Tacos, Tostadas, Flautas, Empanadas, Tamales, Gorditas, Chimichangas, Burritos, Quesadillas, Sopas, Carne A La Parrilla, Pollo Con Mole, Filete De Pescado & Weekend Breakfast Specials From $4.99. Like Us On Facebook For Daily Specials.
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Absolutely love this place! Amazing fresh flavours, accommodating hosts and fair prices! Will make your food vegan upon request. I am a huge fan of the veggie tacos, nachos and the guac made fresh to order. Arrive hungry. Leave blissed.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 9 January 2018

Been here more than 10 times. And without fail have had awesome delicious food.

The chimmie change is almost staple diet but tried their other dishes too and same result. A great meal.

The seating is sparse at said in a prior comment. But let me put it this way. I have been to the Mill and had a disastrous meal, sticking to high heaven from their chimney that does not draw. Yes the seating is more comfortable, but my wallet emptied and not a good time.

Date of visit: January 2018
1  Thank onnomvansanten
Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

I'm new to the area and had just seen this place while driving by. I'm so glad we went! Delicious! We ordered a pork cheese bean puposa. Loved it! And the beef nachos. Yum! And the beef gorditas. Amazing! Loved every morsel. So refreshing to find a place that isn't "tex mex".... Will be back for sure.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank alisonjoyful
Reviewed 11 September 2017

This is a well maintained Latin restaurant. The owners are actually Salvadorian. The interior is very clean and leaning on sparse. The only thing that leads you to know it is Latin is the music they were playing and the menu. The staff was pleasant and helpful in making selections. There were two other families in the restaurant besides us and they were from a Latin based country as well which is always a good sign. However, the wait for the food did take almost 25 minutes. I had the Gorditas and my husband enjoyed the Chimichanga. Both were very good. Some of the best beans I have ever eaten. We also ordered a pork & bean Pupusa in Pork & cheese to split just to try. It was so tasty I may just order those next time in a few flavours. It is true what the saying is 'good things take time", so the wait for the food was worth it as it was fresh and oh so tasty.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 24 July 2017

We are local to this restaurant and have enjoying eating at it frequently. Unfortunately, today was a very bad experience. The food was (and always is) very good, but the service was terrible. It started with sitting down, we had to wait for quite a while for our order to be taken, and we were not brought the customary kids menus for our kids. We waited 45 minutes for the food, and when it came, it was clear they had missed half the order. We had to wait further for my and my daughter's meal. Many little things as well: the wrong food was brought to our table twice, we had to ask to have our water refilled, part of our dessert was brought and the rest was left sitting on the window while the waitress did something else.

Mistakes happen, orders can get missed, but it's the restaurants responsibility to keep their customers happy by having an acceptable level of service. Hire more staff, own up and apologize profusely when things get missed or you make your customers wait too long for food, or at least let people know there will be a wait, or provide complimentary chips and salsa while they are waiting. If the restaurant messes up (by missing half the table's order) it should be reflected in the bill or something should be done to make it up.

It's super sad to not be able to eat here any more, but the delicious food does not make up for the completely unacceptable level of serve.

Date of visit: July 2017