“How is this place not busier?”

Genesis Latin American Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 365 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$1 - US$11
Description: Authentic Latin American Cuisine - Pupusas, Churros, Tacos, Tostadas, Flautas, Empanadas, Tamales, Gorditas, Chimichangas, Burritos, Quesadillas, Sopas, Carne A La Parrilla, Pollo Con Mole, Filete De Pescado & Weekend Breakfast Specials From $4.99. Like Us On Facebook For Daily Specials.
Reviewed 11 October 2018

Fantastic food, everything I've tried so far has been amazing! The people that run it are very nice, the food is fresh and the servings are large. Possible downsides: no alcohol and the interior could use some updating, but I couldn't care less about that as the food so good! Highly recommend.

Date of visit: September 2018
2  Thank cstev061

Reviewed 14 July 2018

My wife and I spend quite a bit of time in Mexico and love the food. We were on our way home and decided to give Genesis a try. I have driven by many times and was intrigued by the Latin American advertisement.

We stopped in and was greeted warmly by one of the owners. In looking at the menu it was difficult to make a choice as all the dishes looked good. When we finally ordered we tried out our little bit of Spanish that we know and was responded to very enthusiastically and encouraged to practice.

I had the chimichanga and my wife had the Burrito. We finished that off with some churros.... The best we have had so far in Cambridge/Kitchener/Waterloo area.

When the other owner delivered our food we again tried out our little bit of Spanish which was warmly received so I tried out a few more words at the end of the meal....
muy deliciosa... me gustó mucho

We had a wonderful conversion with Celia one of the owners as we were leaving.

It was not just the food we enjoyed it was also they way we were treated.

We will definitely go back.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank Mike D
Reviewed 7 April 2018

My son and I had breakfast on a Saturday...the first omen was that we were the only people in the restaurant. Perhaps the food was authentic to Salvadorian people?? I feel sorry for people who have to eat like that on a regular basis. Bland. Hard tasteless tortillas. Not a very satisfying amount of food. Obviously a family doing their best - but without a lot of ability to run a restaurant. I wish it was better.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 21 March 2018

The menu has several Mexican type dishes to satisfy general expectations. The Salvadoran pupusas and Horchata are great offerings that you don't see in many other restaurants.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Absolutely love this place! Amazing fresh flavours, accommodating hosts and fair prices! Will make your food vegan upon request. I am a huge fan of the veggie tacos, nachos and the guac made fresh to order. Arrive hungry. Leave blissed.

Date of visit: February 2018