“Unpretentious Excellence”
Review of Langdon Hall

Langdon Hall
Reserve with OpenTable
Langdon Hall is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 336 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$23 - US$61
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Langdon Hall offers regional dishes and classical cuisine, served in an atmosphere of warmth and elegance. Meals are a pleasantly satisfying mingling of artistic display and hearty substance. The Dining Room at Langdon Hall has been awarded the coveted Five Diamond Award from AAA/CAA. Only a handful of restaurants from around the world earn this prestigious distinction. Come and taste the magic that acclaimed Chef Jason Bangerter is creating. With an exceptional wine cellar, Sommelier Kathleen Moore can recommend a wine pairing to go along with the wonderful seasonal menu. The dining room is a proud member of Ocean Wise, using sustainable seafood products and FeastON incorporating Ontario products and produce into the menu.
Reviewed 3 November 2017

A great menu and the food served does what it says on the tin. Thyme Roasted Beef Loin is exactly that for example. Nice wine list and knowledgable sommelier adept at tempting us to trade up!

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

This was our second visit to Langdon Hall for their beautiful brunch service and again they didn’t disappoint. The service was a bit slower on this visit but the staff are so attentive and the establishment a visual wonder that we didn't mind the extra time to sit and simply enjoy the environment. Also I should mention that a wedding was taking place so that would explain the delay in service.

Langdon Hall, a small but very elegant piece of heaven!

Reviewed 1 November 2017

The grounds and the building here are beautiful. This restaurant, hotel and spa is perfectly located for a nice retreat. We decided to join them for a nice night out.

Firstly, I would strongly recommend going here. It is the perfect place to get dressed up and have a nice night.

The service was great, we did have a reservation and ended up waiting a bit to be seated. This was not an issue at all though, and the lounge area is cozy.

The restaurant is pricey, but worth it. Splurge a little and be sure to indulge in at least three courses.

I had the pear pressure drink to start. A wonderful beverage full of aroma and flavour.

We began with the lobster appetizer. It was delicious. The lobster was cooked perfectly and was accompanied by a well match sauce - it was a nice addition, but you really didn't need the sauce as the lobster was so good.

We had the heritage hen and the beef entree's. The heritage hen was good, it just seemed wanting for a little more innovation in comparison to the beef. The beef was divine. Perfectly cooked for the requested medium. The sides on both dishes were so good, I just wish there was a little more - since it was so good, there was plenty for the dish.

We had the honey dessert. I would absolutely recommend this. The honey is rich and local. The only issue was that the honey was on the garnish and since honey is sticky you ended up getting a little too much honey, along with the garnish, in a bite.

Overall we were very happy with our decision to try the Langdon Hall restaurant. We will certainly plan on returning. It is very impressive to try a dishes inspired by seasonal, fresh foods.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

I went to Langdon Hall to celebrate my sister-in-law's birthday. Because it was a special occasion we opted to try the tasting menu. My husband and I had also wanted to try the wine tasting but we felt that the price was a little prohibitive so our waiter suggested that we "split" the wine tasting between the two of us - we had a smaller portion of wine but it was enough to give us a sense of pairing. It was all fantastic. The food was presented in such an interesting fashion. The chef used a tuna spine, cod skin, a pot, and other unconventional containers to display the food. Prior to every course our server gave us a wonderful explanation of what inspired the chef to create the dish. And so much of it was inspired by what was found on the Langdon Hall grounds. It was evident that our server took a lot of pride in his job - his passion for food was very evident. The sommelier was also incredibly knowledgeable and there was a nice variety of unusual wines to sample. It was so much more than just a delicious dinner - it was extremely entertaining too! It was a very costly evening - not something I would pay on a regular basis - but the experience on this special occasion was well worth it. I would definitely do this again!!

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Just had the Sunday brunch today. Wow! To both the food, amazing, and the price, fall of your chair shocker.
First the food; just superb, I mean honestly everything was better than expected. Here are the details....
Fresh sourdough bread and butter.
1st - Pork terrine for me, cured salmon for the husband - both exceptional. The salmon tasted like it was caught today. Served with radishes, strawberries and hazelnuts. The pork terrine was lovely, not fatty or soft, served with a few greens and pickled apple(?) and their to die for sourdough bread. Both servings were quite large for an appetizer. Especially the salmon.
Entre - lamb chops (3) with eggplant purée. Tender, tastey, cooked perfectly, dark pink. Who knew eggplant could taste this good! And my husband had the halibut. It was very good, meaty and flakey....but he really liked my lamb more.
Dessert - cherry cheesecake....very light, not very cheesey and I had the chocolate ganache and mouse......Holy chocolate! I could only eat half which my husband was glad for. Coffee, excellent.
I had the Tawes Langdon Chardonnay, minerally and buttery, a beauty with both apps. And the French red that the sommelier picked out for my lamb....magnificent!
We ate inside, but could have eaten outdoors as well. The setting is as you expect and want, old mansion, I love it.
The service.....what can you say....impeccable! Servers are the best. Efficient without being stuffy. Friendly, offering suggestions when asked. And extremely sincere in their efforts to bring you the best in dining experiences.
We were never rushed, nor did it feel like we waited. The whole meal was about 2 hours. A great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.
Now, sticker shock.....for the above, with tip....$245.00. The "brunch" is a prixe fixe at $68/ person. Water is $7.50/per person. Wine is $17-$20 per 6 oz glass. Coffee is $4.25 or $4.50. If you add that up, you can see I was not as generous with the tip as I wanted to be......$25.00.
It was an excellent meal! But I really have trouble thinking of it as brunch. There were about 5 or 6 choices for each course. And I regard all the choices as appropriate for dinner.
We thoroughly enjoyed the visit in every respect.....but certainly not something this retired couple can do often......at least not as often as we would like to!!!