“excellent”
Review of Langdon Hall

Langdon Hall
Reserve with OpenTable
Langdon Hall is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 357 Restaurants in Cambridge
Price range: US$23 - US$60
Cuisines: Contemporary, Canadian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Langdon Hall offers regional dishes and classical cuisine, served in an atmosphere of warmth and elegance. Meals are a pleasantly satisfying mingling of artistic display and hearty substance. The Dining Room at Langdon Hall has been awarded the coveted Five Diamond Award from AAA/CAA. Only a handful of restaurants from around the world earn this prestigious distinction. Come and taste the magic that acclaimed Chef Jason Bangerter is creating. With an exceptional wine cellar, Sommelier Kathleen Moore can recommend a wine pairing to go along with the wonderful seasonal menu. The dining room is a proud member of Ocean Wise, using sustainable seafood products and FeastON incorporating Ontario products and produce into the menu.
Reviewed 5 January 2018

Stayed overnight and had bother dinner and breakfast at the hotel - dinner was excellent - we were joined by another couple - when I first looked at the menu I thought perhaps the choices were limited but on the plus side the waiter was able to describe every item in detail -where it was caught, how it was prepared etc etc and also to suggest wines that might enhance the experience - when the meal came - the servers were kind enough to describe every item on the plate - I am sure that everyone has had that unexplained item that you're not sure if it's the potatoes or turnips or the grits or even whether you should eat it or just look at - well they took the mystery out of that so you could say "aha - so that's the pureed parsnips " rather than take tentative bites and puzzle over it! A great evening - pricey for sure -but what the Hay - you only live once!

Reviewed 3 January 2018

We have a lovely family Christmas Dinner here every 2nd year and the food is always spectacular! Since we have a large group, we have a private room with our own servers. From the bartender to wait staff everyone was wonderful. We had a variety of food to choose from but some of our favourites were the beef and the vegetables. We were already full when we headed to the lovely dessert table but we tried a bit of the chocolate tarte, the mango pastry, and the fresh fruit. All were lovely. Looking forward to returning!

Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

We went for the holiday brunch with an additional motive of pre-screening the restaurant for a future event.

The ambiance is beautiful, decor relaxing, music is perfection and almost all of the staff were friendly and down to earth.

We seemed to be on the earlier side (arrived at noon) as the dining room filled up around 1pm. This seemed to affect the rhythm of our meal as it took 2.5 hours from start to finish (a little long for 3 courses in my opinion).

The food was outstanding in every way with the small exception of an eclair dessert which was overdone and quite hard (it almost went skidding across the table when my fork pressed into it, oh my!).

There were some "off" moments in the rhythm of the meal. There were moments of waiting a long time for water refills and our dessert seemed to be quite slow (although my husband's dessert entitled the "lemon" was worth the wait).

I noticed that there were a couple of tables next to us who seemed to get extra special treatment. The sommelier spent extra time explaining which wines would go with which dishes. I hadn't thought to ask considering there was no wine tasting option on the menu. A particularly uncomfortable moment for me occurred when the female patron at the table next to me remarked to the sommelier that she would NEVER be the customer to ask for a Chardonnay or a Riesling, to which he chuckled and replied "you're my kind of people!". As I looked down at the Riesling that I was enjoying, the not so subtle pretentiousness of the establishment washed over me making me feel, well, not so much at home.

I do feel that outstanding food doesn't have to be pretentious and that excellence can occur along with graciousness and warm hospitality.

An additional nuisance was the long awkward journey to the washrooms. I had wished that I had taken that dried out eclair and dropped crumbs to have helped me to find my way back to my table. The meal ended with instructions that we could not pay at our table because their portable point of sale wasn't working, so a trip to the bar was made to use our credit card. Not quite 5 star, but what the hell would I know, I actually like drinking Riesling. Still, for most people Langdon Hall is worth a try.

4  Thank 365AngieD
Reviewed 29 December 2017

Amazing food with gorgeous presentation. The staff is very knowledgeable about the menu and happy to make recommendations. Every course we had was very tasty!

Reviewed 26 December 2017

On arriving very welcoming indeed!
Valet service exceptional, especially on a snowy afternoon.
Arrived a little early and taken to a bar to order drinks, whilst waiting for our dining room table, unfortunately barman was busy and nobody came to offer assistance.
We then got ushered to our dinner table.
Upon arriving waitress very pleasant but not at all prompt.
We waited at table for what seemed forever for a drink order.
Waitress was "cleaning spoons" while still waiting, I finally summoned her to order drinks, menu was given . We ordered a two festive drinks, of which extremely expensive for what was entailed. On asking what was the ingredients waitress had no knowlwdge except, "it was strong" and had no idea what they entailed.
15 mins later arrived, we then ordered our meal, waitress not very knowledeable of menu options, so we opted for traitional Turkey.
What seemed like a long wait, we summoned another waitress if it was possible for bread?, she arrived prompt and apologised as it wasnt at the table.
We also did not have cutlery so meal arrived with none.
We requested again from another waitress.
First course arrived, was very well presented but lacking flavour, Main course was exceptional albeit fresh turkey, only 2 sprouts, a teaspoon of squash, I did request potatoes for my guest which they obliged wth four small slices of one tiny potatoe.
Desert was described as eclair , pastry was hard and filled with a raspberry and chantilly cream, not bad! We then ordered tea and coffee, tea arrived , with no mik or sugar, we asked waitress again for milk, didnt arrive at all after a long long wait, so we asked another waitress for milk, she apologised again.
All in all location was wonderful, service for our table was awful , long waits and not at all attentitive, as we were a party of two , more focus was on larger groups.
Very frustrating!!