“3% automatically added to your bill for what exactly? Good or Bad?”
Review of Chuck's Roadhouse

Chuck's Roadhouse
Ranked #69 of 129 Restaurants in Fort Erie
Reviewed 30 November 2017

So let's start by saying that an automatic 3% fee is added by this Franchise. When asked, the waitress stated that it's to compensate fluctuating beef prices. Huh? No other Restaurant that I have been to charges this.

Anyway, that is the bad. The good was that the food was decent (not great) but decent. Had the 7oz Top Sirloin Steak and Lobster Tail for $20. The small Lobster Tail was actually good and the steak was decent - not the Keg good, but decent and obviously not Keg prices - don;t get me started about the Keg and their ripoff prices.

The Service was somewhat slow and can be improved - i.e. asking if drinks are needed/refilled, etc.

Drinks are not overpriced. A decent selection of beer depending on the time of the day (timed specials) was $4+. Margaritas with 1oz of alcohol are $4 - but remember these are not the usual 2oz of alcohol. So think of it as $8 for a true Margarita.

I'd rate this at a 4 but that Corporate fee just doesn't sit well with me. It just doesn't seem right. I'm on the fence about visiting this place again.

1  Thank CDNConsumerPI

Reviewed 19 November 2017

My Son had fish and chips, Wife had a steak sandwich, and I had Ribs&Wings.
Good quick service, and the food was fantastic.

Reviewed 26 October 2017

We had a great burger and fries here recently. Staff was very pleasant and efficient. Food was delicious and very reasonably priced. We would definitely recommend based on our experience.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

Wanted to try this place for my self, due to it being packed all the time.
2 adults
management looked very grumpy
staff looked frantic
floor was filthy
server/cook messed up order
loud foul language being used

will Not return for any reason

Why is this an acceptable standard in a restaurant?
Although the things ive mentioned are true , People continue to accept this as OK.because it's cheap.
Will not ever go back to this chain/franchise

I am a little discouraged that so many local patrons continue to settle for sub-standard food and service just because it it CHEAP!!

4  Thank Fatbaby68
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Visited this place as there is not a lot of places to have a sit down meal in Fort Erie and also needed to accommodate my mother who is in a wheel chair. They were very pleasant to allow us to arrange the outdoor patio area to fit six of us. The food was excellent, the price reasonable, The staff was amazing, my mother found the music load but they lowered the volume to suit her. Mom had fish and chips and ate almost all of it and desert. We go back each time I can convince my mother to get outside of her nursing home. We'll continue to go back, can't say enough.

1  Thank David L