Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$124
Hotels.comUS$124
Booking.comUS$124
eDreamsUS$124
Orbitz.comUS$124
TravelocityUS$124
All reviews hot tub the hotel is clean checking in upon check weekends
Selected filters
Reviewed 15 August 2020 via mobile

Hotel is in the middle of no where with no conveniences nearby. We checked in and the AC until didn’t work. Looked something like blood on the walls. Had to switch rooms. Beds listed as Queen but seemed smaller. Pool decent the. Hot tub bubbles broken. Cheap bagged breakfast. The lady did attend to all our needs and requests.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Nalini Packiyanathan, Owner at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review.
As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the issues that you experienced in your room.
With the new procedures surrounding Covid-19 we try our best to offer a breakfast we think is fitting for everyone, I apologize for that as well.
We do hope you try our hotel again the next time your travels bring you to Guelph.

Reviewed 2 April 2020

I called Fairfield by Marriott in Guelph on the very early morning of February 22, 2020 to get a corporate rate quote. I called the hotel directly as this is my company process and someone answered the phone who did not identify themselves or the hotel. I explained to them the company I work for and that I needed a corporate rate as I wanted to book a room for that night because of a very bad snow storm in the area. The person I spoke with had a very thick accent and I don't think they understood what I had said, so I tried to explain in a simpler way. I must have explained 6 or 7 times what I was calling about and then when this person seemed to finally clue in I was given a 'code' to book the room online. Once again, I confirmed with the person that this was for my corporate rate and she confirmed several times then I think she hung up on me as the call ended abruptly.

I finished my day at work and was looking forward to not having to drive the long distance home in the snow storm we were having that day. I got to the hotel with my company badge in hand to present to the clerk as I had nothing to hide and while I was talking with her and showing her my badge, a very loud and rude lady came from around the corner and 'took over' my check in process. This rude lady immediately asked for 'paperwork' to prove who I was and proceeded to do something on the computer. She never identified herself or why she was taking over my check in.

All of a sudden I am being accused of being a liar as 'anyone can get that information!" was blurted out at me and my room rate was suddenly changed to a much higher rate. I was absolutely floored that someone would be so rude as to not allow me to explain or to even listen to what I had to say and then to change my room rate right in front of me was more than I could take. I refused and gathered my things and walked out the door. This all happened in a matter of a few minutes of me entering the building so I was in shock when I left.

Once I got home, I called Marriott customer service who took my complaint and then sent it to the hotel I had called to complain about. Next thing I know, I'm getting a phone call from the very same person that had verbally insulted and bullied me in the hotel! Once again, she told me to stop talking and proceeded to bully me over the phone. She denied ever being rude, tried to say the hotel did not have a corporate rate for my company, refused to refund my money (tried to say I was a no show when I was there to check in that day before she interfered with my stay). She also offered me a half off coupon to stay at that same hotel which I never got from her. I was in tears by the end of the call and very shaken up once again. She is a very mean and ill tempered person and should NOT be in a position of management anywhere. I found out later on that she is the manager of the hotel.

I had been holding off giving my review but feel I need to submit it now as the hotel is still refusing to refund my money and even when the issue was escalated and customer service assured me I would be given some money to help the situation, this manager is still refusing to honor what is in writing despite my best efforts to move on.

As a world traveler, I have stayed in many hotels; this has got to be the the worst hotel I have ever had the misfortune of never staying in. If you find yourself in Guelph, ON Canada, I suggest you stay anywhere else but here. It is a badly run hotel with management on a permanent power trip. I will also be relaying this experience to my corporate head office so they can pursue alternative accommodations for our stays in the future.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Janice M
Nalini P, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2020

Dear Janice,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience with exceptional service during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent reservation. Please accept our sincere apology for the issues that you experienced in the reservation of your room. We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.

We hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Guelph.

Reviewed 21 March 2020

Being a Titanium Elite Marriott Bonvoy member is supposed to have its privileges, but apparently not at this particular hotel. Called to cancel the day of arrival last month and thought everything was okay. I had to move to a neighboring hotel, Marriott family chain as well, and figured that I would not be charged the cancellation fee of 1 night's stay. I check my corporate AMEX statement and see that I was charged 1 night's stay and tried to get the charge removed with directly. The hotel management would not budge and offered only half off the charge and a night's voucher. I told them that because it was a corprate card transaction that I could not do that. Nor was I unsure of the next time I would ever be back in the area (at this point you couldn't pay me to go back seeing as how they treat their top of the line Bonvoy clients). Unbeknownst to many, including myself, there is an OFFICIAL policy and perk that Titanium elite members have allowing you to cancel the date of arrival WITHOUT penalty. Since the hotel management still isn't willing to budge, I just need to let others know the situation. This is not how you treat customers who spend thousands of dollars annually with your parent company.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank willcscott
Nalini P, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2020

Good day Mr. Scott,

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent reservation.

Please accept our sincere apology for the circumstances that you experienced with your missed stay reservation.

We have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team.

Reviewed 16 February 2020 via mobile

Had a pleasure of returning for a visit at Fairfield Inn in Guelph over the weekend and had such a great time. Kids absolutely adore the pool and the slide so this makes for a perfect family staycation. The hotel is very clean, rooms are spacious and staff is friendly. Breakfast is included with your stay. Plus there is lots of stuff to do around the hotel. Will definitely be back again.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Nalini P, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2020

Dear Designyourfablife,

Thank you again for leaving such a stunning review! We're always glad to have you and your family stay with us, as your whole family is such a pleasure to have. We're glad they were able to once again enjoy their time in the pool, and got to ride the slide!

As always, we look forward to having you!

Reviewed 7 February 2020

Nice stay, newer hotel, good breakfast. Very good location not to far from arenas. Quiet area. Pool was closed during our stay. Plenty of free parking. Fast check-in. Very clean rooms. Confortable beds and pillows.

Date of stay: February 2020
Nalini P, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Guelph, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2020

Thank you for the 4/5 review. We strive every day to ensure we exceed guest expectations. If you have any suggestions on how we can improve our services or looking to book any future reservations, please feel free to contact us at any time.