“Pho Binh Minh > Pho Dau Bo”
Review of Pho Binh Minh

Pho Binh Minh
Ranked #145 of 1,305 Restaurants in Hamilton
Price range: US$4 - US$11
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 8 October 2017

Writing this review based on their new location on Queenston. I'm comparing it to Pho Dau Bo because PDB haven't had much competition in this area (until now) and do have good soup but this new place simply wins.

Based on their Soup I found the broth to be much more enjoyable than PDB (almost a peppery type of taste added in), it was very much enjoyable. I've had other Pho soups before and Pho Dau Bo always was better, so it's nice to finally have something that's better than what they offer because of the other reasons I'll list below.

The seating is far more comfortable in Binh Minh (padded seating), and you are not limited to using just Cash or Debit (they accept Credit Cards as well). The environment is also visually better looking too. Now, the Grilled Porkchop they offer at Binh Minh is far better than PDB it's almost night and day. The Binh Minh visually looks juicy looking while the PDB (what they offer) is kinda dry, and the taste is so much better. Both places offer Bubbletea's, they are both "okay" it's what you would expect (it doesn't compare to places like Coco's or D's). Parking I'll give to Pho Dau Bo because it's limited and at a section with no light so it will make turning left tough if there is traffic.

Other than that if you haven't tried Pho Binh Minh I would for sure recommend it as a better option than Pho Dau Bo be it the soup or the Pork chop you are better a similar product with a similar price that is of better quality. We'll be going to Binh Minh from now on instead of PDB.

Reviewed 4 August 2017

I came twice in this restaurant. Place is clean, well decorated, air-conditioned and organized. Staff will direct you to an available table. Menu is offered. Sheet of paper is provided to write food number and quantity. It is given to staff. Food is various and priced reasonably. While waiting for your order, they will give utensils, plate and a glass of water with lemon. Staff speaks English and their ethnic language at work. Food arrived after 15 minutes. It is well presented and delicious. Payment is done at the counter. They accept cash. Washroom is clean and at the back.

1  Thank AramidOntario
Reviewed 11 June 2017

I think those who love it can agree that what makes or breaks a bowl of Pho is the beef stock. Otherwise, it is just a bunch of noodles, meat, and vegetables thrown into a broth. It takes time and care to make a delicious broth. These people take the time.
Because it is convenient we have gone many times to the Pho Dau Bo on Upper James although we prefer the downtown location. The pho there is passable but not great. To my mind they are a little stingy on the beef, but overall it's a nice place. We started to look for something nearby that is better, We didn't have to look for,
When you are in front of the Pho Dau Bo, if you look off to your right you can see the sign for Pho Binh Minh. I was always curious about it. Yesterday on the way back from Toronto we decided to stop in and try it out.
It's kind of tricky to get into if you are coming down James but we made it. Perhaps easier to park in the adjacent No Frills. It doesn't look much from the outside. Or the inside either for that matter. It's clean and pleasant, and there is a fountain feature on the way to the bathroom, but it's pretty generic. We weren't there for the atmosphere anyway. It's the food that matters.
We ordered a small Pho,spring rolls, and a noodily, Bin dish. Pleasant waiter and manager, quick service, and when it came the food was absolutely delicious, and hot. The soup has a beautiful, minty, complex broth, with lots of very tender beef, and my Bin was great with lots of vegetables, and meat. Spring rolls were so so. Huge portions. We were in and out quickly and completely satisfied. Only set us back $22. It's out new favourite place for Vietnamese food in Hamilton. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

We go here on a regular basis, good food and their soup is amazing, pricing is excellent and the service is fast!

Reviewed 24 April 2017 via mobile

The food here is good but the way the employees treat the customers is ridiculously unprofessional, as if we are disturbing them but coming into the restaurant. Very rude, do not recommend