“Hands Down best Shawarma join in Kingston”
Review of Shawarma El Mina

Shawarma El Mina
Ranked #46 of 488 Restaurants in Kingston
Description: Shawarma El Mina is a Lebanese restaurant located in Kingston. We serve the Lebanese and international, fresh food, generous portions and affordable prices. Come and see us or have it delivered! See our menu online or contact us for more details.
Reviewed 5 February 2018

I come from Ottawa which has some pretty great Middle eastern food, so the bar has been set pretty high. Until Shawarma El Mina setup shop there was no place to get a decent Shawarma in Kingston.

The Pro's:
Portions, WOW a large platter will easily feed you for 2 full meals. They allow you to choose a mixture of rice and potato or go exclusive potato or rice. If you like more salad just ask and they will fix the ratio in your platter. very Accommodating to requests!

Taste, My wife loves the chicken, I can't get enough of the Beef (Donair style). Their sauces are a delight, the Garlic sauce is quite strong (just the way i like it, those more feint at heart may want to ask for just a bit on the side). The sweet sauce works great on everything, I will douse my potatoes with it. Their Salads always taste fresh.

Price, Incredible value taking into account the portion sizes.

Cons:
Atmosphere is nothing special, we rarely have any interest in eating in, always go takeout.
If you arrive at a busy time the service is a bit slow. They often have 1 person doing ALL the food prep, while another person just stands at the cash register and watches him work until its time to pay.

This establishment easily a 4.5 out of 5 for me. I will keep eating here, and will recommend it to all my friends and colleagues.

Their Prices just went up which is a bit of a drag, but alas I can likely Blame Kathleen Wynne for that as opposed to Shawarma El Mina.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 27 January 2018

Off to a potluck this weekend and I sure hate cooking.

No worries, the wonderful "family" at Shawarma El Mina will bail me out. Everyone I know thinks their Lebanese cuisine is the best of the best - anywhere. And the prices make it affordable to offer your friends as a treat!

So forget slaving away in your kitchen. Check out what the Master Chefs have prepared in theirs!

We recently discovered their Family Platter - a great and very reasonable option for a group! Enjoy!

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 7 December 2017

Finally Kingston has a great Schawarma place!! Very good value with guaranteed left overs for lunch.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

Went there with a fellow employee who was from Jordan. He said it was almost as good as his Mom's cooking with the exception that his mom doesn't make shawarma. Ordered the mixed food dish and received a pile of food that was so large that it could almost fill the inside of an American football. Using the term pile is probably a disservice because the food was outstanding.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

This place is probably the best bang for your buck in Kingston. One to go plate last me for about three meals - seriously, it's huge. I usually order mine with falafel, which they make fresh in front of me. Garlic sauce, potatoes, tabbouleh and fattoush salad and all delicious. If you're looking for value, this is the place to go.