“Exactly what you'd want from a low-cost motel: clean, good service, pet-friendly”
Review of Motel 6 Kingston

Motel 6 Kingston
Ranked #9 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed 20 December 2017

This is your typical travel lodge for short stays, and it's very good for what it is. Very reasonably priced, clean and quiet. Pet friendly. A muffin, coffee and tea are provided for breakfast. The staff is very helpful and friendly. Overall couldn't expect better from a motel type-place!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Motel6Kingston, General Manager at Motel 6 Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Dear Vivienne B,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our Motel 6 Kingston! Its fantastic to hear that the philosophy of Motel 6 is shinning through here and that the clean, affordable accommodation with friendly service that our guests expect is being provided by our staff! I will be sure to pass on your amazing review on to them, and until next time here in Kingston We'll leave the light on.

Reviewed 1 December 2017

Stayed 5 nights & bed was changed once, when it was made, it was done poorly.
Bed was hard & uncomfortable and the room heating was wonky.
Noisy, some hockey team was in and were very inconsiderate...staff were pleasant when I called to notify of noise levels (midnight) & he ask them to tone it down... but the banging on my neighbours door at 3am wasn't welcomed.
Wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Katrina, Thank you for posting your review. We apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with your guestroom bed comfort. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. Our aim is to provide a comfortable night's rest, and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. The service issues you experienced are atypical to Motel 6 standards for quality, and we are sorry you experienced less than satisfying service during your visit. Please accept our apologies that your stay was less than satisfactory. We invite you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

It is very European with regard to being small, clean, and bare-bones. Price was very reasonable. Tho lacking on having a comfortable bed and my back was aching in the morning. However, they make no problem for having a pet which is really nice. Do not expect it to be comfortable or Cozy. It reminded me more of a hard bed in a white cardboard box with a couple of cotton balls for pillows. The lights are bright. It's a cheap clean place with a roof and heat. I guess my only disappointment was in reading through the reviews again and again I saw that the beds were comfortable. I would "strongly" disagree with this, as I don't care for a firm coil bed. As far as I'm concerned the bed is the most important part of a overnight stay in this one definitely did NOT pass. Beds were HARD and coils noticeable.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Motel6Kingston, General Manager at Motel 6 Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Dear berrypocket,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I would like to investigate this further as you are correct we don't often hear that our beds are uncomfortable! Perhaps you could drop me a line and let me know the room number or the last name it was booked under, so we can take care of this issue.
m65712bo@6franchise.com

Reviewed 25 October 2017 via mobile

I’ve stayed at the Motel 6 before while working in and around Kingston and only ever had minor complaints (mostly noise related).

Tonight’s experience changed everything. I was in room 217. I nearly always inspect the bed meticulously when staying in a hotel. For whatever reason, I didn’t this time. I’ll blame it on being tired. I had been lying down in bed for roughly an hour watching TV when my back started to feel oddly itchy and when scratching I felt what seemed to be hives on my back and neck. I immediately went to the bathroom mirror to inspect and sure enough I’d broken out in hives in the spots that I had scratched. I then decided to check the bed to see what had caused the hives and to my dismay I found bed bugs. Of course upon seeing them I snapped photo and video evidence and I immediately packed all of my belongings and went to the front desk. I was offered another room, but had zero interest in spending the night after that experience.

I left the hotel and drove straight home (a 2 and a half hour drive) to clean and wash all of my belongings and throw out the clothes I was wearing in the bed and am now writing my review of my night. I will now lose my work day as I will be too exhausted to make the drive back in 2 hours.

Thanks a lot Motel 6 Kingston. I will never stay in this location again and will be sure to inform others I know who stay here about my ordeal.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Motel6Kingston, General Manager at Motel 6 Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Dear Steven A.
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I'm sorry to hear about your experience and was shocked to hear your claim. It is our general policy when a guest has an issue like this to place the room out of order and have a professional company in to assess the situation. Unfortunately Greenshield Pest Control could fine no evidence of bed bugs in the room currently or that they had ever been there. Could you please contact me directly so i can better understand the nature of your experience?
m65712bo@6franchise.com

Reviewed 24 October 2017

My wife and I recently spent one night at the Motel 6 in Kingston while on a weekend getaway and here's what we took away from our experience:

Lobby/first impression - Upon arrival we were greeted warmly by the friendly front desk staffer. We arrived in late, but check in was super efficient and speedy and were in our room in no time. No complaints here.

Location - Prime location for all those looking for easy access on and off the 401. Kingston Pen is about 10-12 minutes away, give or take, while the downtown waterfront is a little further at about 15-18 minutes. That aside, the trade is being so close to the highway, so if practicality of entry and exit trumps closeness to attractions, this is your place.

Rooms - Two words: Spotlessly clean! In all of my travels and hotel stays, this had to rank as one of the cleanest rooms I've ever stayed in. The rooms have what I would call an IKEA-esque, European feel to them. There is definitely more of a leaning towards practicality and efficiency of space which makes it ideal for short stays, though longer stays might be debatable. Positives include its cleanliness, in room mircrowave, mini fridge, hair dryer, well placed TV, hardwood floors and a comfortable bed. Negatives include lack of drawers/space to store away clothes and no extra toiletries. Not altogether sure how old the hotel itself is, but everything feels fresh, new and/or renovated. Overall the positives definitely outweigh the negatives.

Value: At $100/night for a weekend in October, its a definite value keeper when looking for reputable, cheaper accommodations in Kingston. Comparatively, if you looking to be on the waterfront at say, the Marriott, Holiday Inn or Delta, be prepared to shell out over $200. Depending what your priorities and trades are, Motel 6 caters more towards those not looking to break the bank and content with a more no frills approach. In our case, the value was a definite win.

The Bottom Line - An experience that turned out to be a very pleasant overnight stay and consistent with the generally positive reviews its receives on Trip Advisor.
I can see this hotel serving both as a great base for exploring the city without paying city rates, visiting Kingston Pen, or a simple event overnight stay. One important side note, a typical breakfast is not offered here, not extending beyond a muffin and a coffee, something to keep in mind when looking for morning grub. Either way, a solid choice and most certainly deserving of its Certificate of Excellence. I would recommend Motel 6 to anyone seeking that combination of value, efficiency and quality. Four stars, well earned.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Motel6Kingston, General Manager at Motel 6 Kingston, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2017

Dear Globalwanderer2,
Thank you so much for the outstanding review! It has always been our aim to offer a clean, affordable accommodation option that provides all the things you need without breaking the bank. I am so happy to hear that we are meeting the mark, I will be sure to pass along your comments to all of my staff who are 100% responsible for your experience.