“Very tired Hotel”

Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront
Ranked #13 of 37 Hotels in Kingston
Reviewed 18 January 2018 via mobile

The reason for three stars is the location, staff and food. I had a procedure done at the hospital so we arrived Tues. evening and left Thurs. morning. It cost $428.72 including $20 a day for outside parking. We were in room 350. The ceiling was stained and cracked, the carpet was very worn, hot water was a long wait for in the morning, free wifi was sometimes non-existent. Heather and Cheryl in the restaurant were amazing and the fish and chips were awesome. Even housekeeping wished us well. I was very disappointed with the room, water and internet. It certainly wasn’t worth the money we paid. The view was spectacular.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1955Debbie1955
HIKingstonwaterfront, Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hello 1955Debbie1955,

Your feedback is welcome at the Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront. Although we are always disappointed to hear that someone’s stay was not to their satisfaction, we appreciate knowing what issues you experienced so that we can take the appropriate steps to correct them.

Reviewed 11 January 2018 via mobile

Stopped in Kingston on our way back from Fredericton NB, just wanted a nice place to stay after a very long drive. Rooms are dated, supposedly had a room with a view of the harbour. Well the only thing you could see is where they dock the boats and really in January who cares.TV worked for the first hour, when I went to the front desk I was told well unplug it and leave it for awhile. If that doesn't work well you may not have TV for the night or we MIGHT be able to move you to another room. Unplugging TV worked until the morning when we had to do it again. While at the front desk I over heard the gentleman in front of me receive a $5 voucher for the restaurant. I wasn't offered that??
Next was the bath tub, water didn't drain well and if you wanted a bath you had to fill the tub up with the shower head cause the nozzle was broken to switch from faucet to shower head. But my biggest mistake of all was not booking through hotels.com. In my experience when booking through those websites you get a better price but tend to get a crappier room.I booked straight with the hotel paid way more and still managed to get a crappy room. If I wanted to stay at a cheap hotel I would have stopped at one!! Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express use to be one of the better places to stay but this is now the second time this has happened, I will NEVER make this mistake again! Holiday Inn Express this is the very last time I will ever stay at one of your hotels.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Danielle B
HIKingstonwaterfront, Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Hello Danielle,

We do apologize for the issues you incurred during your stay with us. When the TV issue was brought to the attention of the staff, we did offer to move your rooms so that we could resolve this for you. Unfortunately, we believed that issues had been resolved when you did not reach back out to us. We do apologize for not reaching out to you to confirm that the issues had been resolved to your satisfaction.

Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

The room with lake view is excellent, room is quite clean and renovated with quality. Compare to my previous Holiday Inn experience this is the only above rating experience. However, for a full service hotel like this one I expected to see a better free breakfast (with more varieties such as bagels, fresh fruits, yogurt etc ).
Overall it’s not a bad choice.

Stayed: December 2017
HIKingstonwaterfront, Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2018

Hello bc2cq,

Thank you for your complimentary review of the Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed 13 December 2017

We stayed here on our way back home from the Canada Day celebrations in Ottawa. I was a little apprehensive because of some not so great reviews, but opted to risk it for the downtown waterfront location. Check-in was quick and easy and there is a large parking lot right across the street from the hotel (it's a dead end, so no traffic). There is a restaurant on the main floor of the hotel that is a steakhouse by night and buffet at breakfast with fantastic services for both meals. Our hotel room was relatively clean, but could use some updating. The room was a good size with average beds. I really liked having my morning coffee on the little balcony in the morning.The pool area could also use a bit of sprucing up as it seemed a little dingy when we went for a dip. This hotel has a lot of potential and with a bit of investment, it could be quite great and better worth the price since you can't beat the location!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
HIKingstonwaterfront, Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2017

Hello Silverbrook,

Thank you for your thorough and complimentary review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and all that the Holiday Inn Kingston Waterfront has to offer. We hope to see you again on your next trip to Kingston.

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

I am disappointed that I paid $170 for what I would consider a very mediocre hotel. Everything was reasonably clean but the hotel is outdated once you get into the room. I was expecting a far nicer room with a far nicer view for that price.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
HIKingstonwaterfront, Manager at Holiday Inn Kingston - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

Hello MacAshton,

All hotels from time to time need to be renovated and ownership is currently looking into this.