“Delicious!”

Limestone Kabob House
Ranked #66 of 459 Restaurants in Kingston
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Afghani
Reviewed 16 March 2017

A colleague and I went for lunch at Limestone Kabob House, after I had sampled some of the menu at an event earlier in the week.

We both had tandoori chicken, hummus, the chickpea and lentil soup with bread and salad.

The food was just wonderful - the chicken was mildly spicy, hot and tender. The hummus was creamy and not too garlicky. The soup was mildly spicy and had a richness to the broth that was very satisfying. The bread was soft and chewy, and the salad had a wonderful tangy dressing on it - I finished every morsel and would have licked my plate if that was socially acceptable! The bread was served with a chutney that was quite spicy hot, which I really enjoyed.

We also were served a black tea with cardamom that was warming and flavourful, especially on a cold day.

The restaurant itself is tucked away in a little strip mall, but well worth looking for. It has a minimalist feel to it, decorated with middle eastern tapestries and utensils, and has subdued lighting and comfortable booths. The service was good, my only improvement would be if the wait staff could have told us a little bit more about how the food was prepared and what was in it - was the salad dressing yogurt based? A minor observation though in the grand scheme of things.

Our bill came to less than $30.00 for lunch, well worth every cent. We pushed ourselves away from the table completely full.

I will definitely be going back, and bringing as many new people as I can, and I cant wait to try some of the other items on the menu, like kofka, shawarma and others.

2  Thank cross2bear

Reviewed 14 March 2017

You can spend $15 easily at any fast food eatery and get crap. Or you can take that same amount and have a complete meal at a very good place. We started with a bowl of lentil soup that was delicious. Then the shawarma platter followed and filled us with so many good flavours. I can't believe that it was so reasonably priced for a complete meal. That cardamom tea deserves kudos all on its own. Less than $15 including tip. Will be going back many times for sure.

1  Thank Saxguy302
Reviewed 7 February 2017

We ended up here off the Highway following Google recommendations. Nice place with excellent food and service.

Reviewed 5 January 2017

We went there for dinner with our friends. The place is roomy and people were nice. We tried kabob and it was good. Recommended if you looking for something different with beef taste and good price

1  Thank Behnam N
Reviewed 5 January 2017

Lunch or dinner. Weekdays or weekends. No matter when you are there, the Limestone Kabob restaurant provides the best in Middle Eastern atmosphere and dining. The portion sizes are generous but not too big.