“Kingston's finest”

Price range: US$19 - US$30
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Inner Harbour
Description: Delicious lunches and dinners served served in an elegant dining room overlooking the Cataraqui River. Chef Gurkhan is of Turkish descent and his French style recipes are heavily influenced by the cuisines of Italy, North Africa, and the Middle East. An extensive wine list as well as professional, friendly service will both enhance your visit!
Reviewed 8 August 2016

I recently enjoyed lunch at River Mill with my husband, mother, father and brother -- I hadn't been to this restaurant in years, but it continues to be the exquisite restaurant I always remembered it being. The restaurant is situated in an old woolen mill and it is truly elegant -- from the amazing character of the space, to sitting in front of the huge windows which overlook the river, this is a beautiful spot. Not to mention the food is fantastic and the wine list extensive. They also have a nice selection of beer, specifically local craft beer and European varieties. Service is great here as well - attentive and knowledgeable. Amazing restaurant - glad to see it's still thriving in Kingston! Can't wait to eat here again.

1  Thank theRoamingMurphys

Reviewed 29 July 2016

Fantastic food, excellent wines , elegant, great staff , very attentive. The best chef , presentation, taste. We brought our own birthday cake , and did not try their desserts.
The cheese board is to die for !
Beautiful & very special place, would definitely recommend for any special occasion!
Renata

1  Thank kokica1
Reviewed 16 July 2016

Had a fantastic birthday dinner there last night. The house made ricotta gnocchi was the best I've had. Great views, atmosphere and service. Looking forward to my next visit.

1  Thank portercaptainkevin
Reviewed 4 June 2016 via mobile

A truly memorable evening. Beautiful food wine and fine service in the private dining room. Best dinner in Kingston. Thank you guys for looking after us so well!!

1  Thank Mary C
Reviewed 9 May 2016

We loved everything about this place. It is one of the best restaurants in Kingston, top 3 restaurants in Kingston definitely. The location is very historical obviously from the name located in an old Mill. The restaurant is very clean, the service is second to none. Talking about the service, it is not rushed, there is a good amount of time between service to allow for conversation and not to feel rush, after all this is a very good restaurant, you should enjoy your food. Although not drinkers, my girlfriend and I noticed the wide selection of wines and beers.

I was surprised by the price. The two of us with two appetizers each and a main course we cleared $150 with gratuities.

The menu is absolutely varied and so well described that it took us a while to select what we wanted. The menu varies every week as the chef gets the produce. A definite must.

1  Thank AllanBeautifulPlace