“Great Latin Dishes”

Ranked #90 of 1,117 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Real home-made Mexican and Latin food, with vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options (call ahead - many meals can be made to special diet needs)
Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

Went for lunch, we had Quesadilla and Enchiladas. Both were excellent, wonderful flavours and well spiced, nice mix of sweet and spiced. A cozy little place, home cooked dishes and great service!!

Scott K, Public Relations Manager at Los Comales Latin Food, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2017

Thanks very much! Glad you had a good meal. Hope to see you again, and let us know what we can do to improve!

Reviewed 14 September 2017

We had lunch in Los Comales Latin Food yesterday. The food was delicious! One of the best latin food restrurants i have been to. This is now one of my favorite restrurants to go to.

Scott K, Public Relations Manager at Los Comales Latin Food, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Thanks so much! We hope to see you back soon. If there's anything we can do to improve let us know.

Reviewed 27 September 2016 via mobile

I was going to try this place on my lunch but didnt work out cause they dont open until 11:30. That was a good thing because preparing fresh food takes time. Flavourful food, kids were not a big fan of the salad though. Dessert was a hit. The churios were freshly made and tasted really good. There was a bit of wait for the food, but overall good stuff.

1  Thank Lebnania2015
Reviewed 26 August 2016

Fabulous little Latin American place. Great papusas, very fresh and tasty and really good Mexican and Latin American items on the menu. Good value for money.

1  Thank XYUandbeyond
Reviewed 7 August 2016

Why did we wait so long to try this place out? Why are you still reading this review and not EATING THIS FOOD already!? My husband and I were blown away by the flavour and attention to every portion of each dish while eating here last night. We are big fans of el salvadorian food in general, but these pupusas are the best we've ever had!

Pupusas had a nice balance of filling, we tried several kidns. The curdito was cultured rather than just doused in vinegar and even the tomato sauce/salsa was perfection! Flautas were delicious and deeply flavourful, served with shredded lettuce, crema and I think Cojita on top! We were encouraged to try Anna's homemade hot sauce - deep smokey flavorful without being an assault of heat. I would buy a bottle of it! We each tried a combo platter and devoured everything, a perfect dinner portion that didn't make you feel like you had to stuff yourself to finish.

I should mention many items are gluten free - which is something I require. However, the oil is used to fry the chimichangas (wheat flour wrapper) so for very sensitive celiacs you can call ahead and I was told Anna the chef/owner can ensure your meal ( flautas, pupusas, empanadas, etc.) is cooked in clean oil. They can make vegan, vegetarian and dairy free meals also, and because your food is made to order easy to customize.

Very family friendly - there were children eating when we went in - the kids menu is a good price (I think $7?) for things like tacos, chicken fingers and fries. Really big portions for a kids meal, and an environment that is casual and friendly.

We can't wait to go back and try the Tarro root dish, cheese soup, fried plantains and el salvadorian tamales!

If you like hole-in-the-wall ethnic food that was lovingly made by some mom/grandma you will love this place! It is where you go if you need fancy, romantic ambiance, overpriced plates or enormous portions.

1  Thank Lindy B