“BEST LUNCH in years...”

Neighbourhood: Etobicoke
Neighbourhood: Etobicoke
Reviewed 14 February 2018 via mobile

Wow.... Just wow

The food is here is the insane... It was my first visit- stopped in while out on the road.

Had the wrap and a samosa dish (side).

The flavours were great - i wanted to come back for dinner and for lunch and then breakfeast..

Price was killer - well under $20 for a good size lunch.

1  Thank Darren T

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

Yes it's great! We tried many things... Paneer Tikka, Bhel chaat tossed, Pav Bhaaji, Samosa Sliders and Cutting Chai. Everything was really good except Samosa Sliders... imli chutney was taking all the flavors of Samosa and I was not able to enjoy Samosa so at the end we had to leave because chutney was too much. I liked the fact that we can refill our cutting chai glass for free! Bhel chaat was awesome! Decorations are pretty good.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

i. Places like Chaska make me want to move to Canada – just for the food. Absolutely loved the ambiance and décor; that resembled a food truck, an Indian dhaba, thela as well as had the comfort and panash of a sit down restaurant. A small menu, but they knew what they were doing. We ordered the Chana Chawal, Paneer tikka and Mushroom kathi rolls. The dishes were not super complex, but the attention to recipe, perfect amount of tandoor grilling and the right amount of spices made them absolutely divine. The paneer tikka and mushrooms were grilled to perfection, & had that smoky flavor. The roti was soft and well balanced with the egg. Chana Chawal had the aroma of hing, saunf, jeera and was beautifully served with papad and salad. Even the chutneys were authentic and aromatic. In the end, we topped the meal with a pan flavored kulfi – which was probably the best pan kulfi I have ever had. Umami all around – Chaska is here to stay and will go a long way. Kudos to the chef and owners.

1  Thank yuvarajvima
Reviewed 1 September 2017

I had the Salad Bowl with Romaine Lettuce topped with Chicken Tikka and Magic dressing. Made it into a meal deal with Samosa Chaat. Samosa Chaat was hands down my favourite and my favourite new food by far. Yum, yum! But quite spicy (see note below about drinks). They need more drink options and maybe a vending machine would help because the line up at lunch gets long and if you just want something more to drink you could skip the line-up. The Mango Lassi was delicious. Rose Lassi was interesting. I tried but didn’t love the Nimboo Pani (spicy lemonade). We ended up running next door to Subway to get some large chocolate milk to sooth the spicy from our mouths.
Tips: If you’re going at lunch, order ahead on their website as the lineup is long and it takes some time. The menu is large but whne you step up to order you can’t see the menue board anymore. The washrooms are off the back right but there’s no sign (yet?). The only problem I had with the place itself was the atmosphere is so loud it was hard for me to hear my family or the order number being yelled. It looks like they used to have the order numbers on display at the top of the truck front but it wasn’t working when we were there. Lower the music add some acoustic tile near the cashier and this would be amazing.
Accessibility: Front entrance has limited accessibility as they have built in a vestibule but it’s so narrow it blocks access to the door when leaving but otherwise level access. Counter is typical with no lowered accessible height as would be required by AODA if built today and some of the drinks are too high to reach from a seated position, but there are accessible table options. Didn’t check out the washrooms.

1  Thank tkurdi
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Tried the chicken Kathi roll, with a samosa and the Rose lassi. All were delicious! Never had street style Indian food before, and I'm glad I tried it.