“Cute little place”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

You order at counter where lady is preparing food. Pick a beverage out of coolers, find a place to sit. Server will bring you chips & salsa while you wait. Later the freshly prepared food is brought to your table. Our chicken tacos were full of good stuff & topped with guacamole & sour cream. Delicious!! If it hadn't been raining, we would have sat outside.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

Found a clump of hair in my food and when I asked to speak to the manager I was met with attitude and disregard for my experience. They don't seem to care about customer service whatsoever. These things can happen but its about the manner in which these situations are handled that speaks volumes.

Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

I've been going to el sombrero for years and have to say that I look forward too returning everytime. I get burritos from popular chain Mexican places but this one is unique and special in comparison!!!

Reviewed 7 June 2017

We enjoyed our dinners -- wet burrito and beef tacos -- and a beer in this small, casual spot. Order at the counter and have the plates delivered.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

Always interesting to try a place you haven’t been before.
This is an unpretentious place sort of hidden in an out-of-the-way plaza. You are unlikely to stumble across it but it's worth a short detour. There appeared to be a nice small patio but the weather was nasty so it wasn’t in use.

I was surprised that a ground beef burrito would be $10 but when it came I realized why. It was huge. I ate 2/3 and was completely full. The food is what Americans think the Mexicans eat every day but they don’t. I can find this kind of food in Mexico but, except in tourist areas, it is to ordinary Mexican food as McDonalds is to haute cuisine. But the burrito was good and I will come again. I will try to bring a larger appetite.