“El Sombrero hooked me at first bite!”
Review of El Sombrero

El Sombrero
Ranked #140 of 1,758 Restaurants in Mississauga
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Went here for a coworkers welcome lunch last week. I love Mexican food, however I don't eat at Fat Bastards or Mucho Burrito etc., so I was a bit skeptic. I ordered the 3 enchilada meal, you can choose chicken, pork or beef. I had the beef. I comes with black beans and rice with jalapenos and sour cream on top of all the deliciousness. Everything was sooo tasty and good. I ate it all and it was a really huge portion! One of my coworkers had the chicken taco bowl, she said it was very good, it was also very large with a home made tortilla bowl, she couldn't finish hers. Everything looked really great on the menu, I will definitely have to go back to try out each one! Avg price for a "dinner" is $12-$14. Well worth it.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

Got a wet veggie burrito and it was filled with so little filling. There was no wow factor to the food given the high price. Cheese was put very stingily and so was all the other ingredients. Given that all it had as main ingredients was rice and beans (had no flavor and were straight from the can), I would expect at least those go be in good quantity and even those were put very stingily in a single thin layer. The tomato sauce was bland. My husband had a beef burrito and that was equally disgusting in taste.
Also got churros which tasted like cardboard were almost like sticks and were not even made fresh but just reheated and the cheap and little whipped cream that came with it melted by the time we came home. What a waste of money! Never going again.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

After reading all the great reviews of this restaurant I decided to give it a shot... That was a definite mistake. The food was mediocre at best!!! I ordered the steak wet burrito, which barely had any steak mostly rice and the sauce was sooo watery lacking flavour. The churros tasted like they were made 2 weeks ago having a cardboard like texture with a nasty aftertaste. I would tell anyone considering this eat at this place to go to Chipolte.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

I like the looks of this place, and the food is pretty good. Overall, though, this place is a mixed bag -- often quite good but with a few off notes. I had enchiladas, which had excellently flavoured filling. They were, however, in flour tortillas, more like mini-burritos than true enchiladas. I didn't see margaritas listed anywhere, though they clearly had a small bar, so I asked. They guy behind the counter custom made me a margarita (great!), with tequila and triple sec -- but he he substituted lime cola for lime juice (not at all the same, and how hard is it to keep some lime juice, or even commercial margarita mix on hand?). I also asked for queso, you know, melted cheese you dip chips into, but instead got that cheese whiz stuff that is a weird orange colour and looks like it would never harden. Something a little more like real cheese would be nicer. Prices are good. Good potential here, all the problems are pretty easily fixable...

Reviewed 29 June 2017 via mobile

You order at counter where lady is preparing food. Pick a beverage out of coolers, find a place to sit. Server will bring you chips & salsa while you wait. Later the freshly prepared food is brought to your table. Our chicken tacos were full of good stuff & topped with guacamole & sour cream. Delicious!! If it hadn't been raining, we would have sat outside.