“Room with a v iew”

Sheraton on the Falls
Ranked #7 of 128 Hotels in Niagara Falls
Reviewed 12 August 2017

It wasdreadful weather but you get wet anyway on the boat. We had a fantastic view of the Falls from the room. Excellent facilities and the surroundings are delightful. The attractions nearby are great especially the aviary.

Room Tip: Get one with a view
Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 12 August 2017

This location is wonderful for it's closeness to the Falls. Rooms were OK but be sure to check your supplies, especially the coffee service the night before so you can still go down and get what you're missing. We had no Regular Coffee for our first morning and then the second morning we had no mugs so ended up using the glasses from the bathroom. Told the front desk but they didn't appear to care. Other than that, a nice stay because of the location and the buffet in the Fallsview Restaurant.

Room Tip: If you want anything other than an airshaft view, you have to pay extra for it.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carol C
Reviewed 11 August 2017 via mobile

This hotel is smack dab in the middle of kitschy town, CA! That can be fun, but it was crazy busy. Parking was extra but easy to get in and out, and the hotel was really a great location. Really close to the overpriced (yet fun) attractions and literally right across from the falls. I agree with others that service was not necessarily fantastic, but we didn't have anything negative happen, either. We splurged on a Falls view since that was why we were there anyway. We did not eat at the restaurants there. Pools were small but fine. Our room was really nice- The picture is a view from our room.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 August 2017

I absolutely love this hotel and have nothing but praise for this place. This is due to the following reasons

1) Friendly Staff - The staff were friendly, concierge was great offering us transportation pass around the area and providing great recommendations. Check in and out was relatively smooth with minimal waiting

2) Great Location to Relax - I know this area is a touristy area with lots of attractions that would cost a pretty penny. However, it is just fun to explore the amusement area and when you're tired of the commercial area, take a break and walk by the park and enoy the falls

3) Great View - From the room that we were allocated, the view of the falls was so mesmerizing that I could spend hours just appreciating it. Thank You Sheraton On the Falls for that wonderful experience, you have made this SPG Gold Member's Trip truly wonderful

Room Tip: Great View, go for the falls-view room ( Is a Must!)
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Sheraton On The Falls is a beautiful hotel with excellent customer service on check in, they will assist with room issues.
However, I've now had 3 bad experiences in a row with them.
First stay they refunded my credit card deposit on someone else's credit card-have not fixed it to date but gave me a complimentary stay which was nice.
2nd stay on Mother's Day-had an absolutely wonderful stay until I picked up my vehicle from the valet with a broken window. They gave me a complimentary stay which again was nice.
Third stay-checked in late due to being in hospital, was cleared to leave as it was my birthday. Next morning was having a medical emergency, called down to front desk who wouldn't help or even direct us as to who to call in the area to help, wouldn't even connect us with 911. We had to hang up & call ourselves. Family stayed as they were worried for me & didn't know what was going to happen. I was admitted for 4 days in hospital there. Do you think any of the Staff even came to the room to check on me? No, only people that came were the ambulance crew who were most excellent. Started an IV & pushed meds on the spot, took me to the hospital. The Niagara General Hospital took excellent care of me & saved my life.
Do you think anyone from the hotel checked up with me? Nope.
When I contacted them afterwards for a do-over as I did not get to enjoy my stay, had barely even been there & this was my 40th birthday! They were completely unfeeling, said that my family enjoyed the hotel so that was basically my stay. Seriously?!? Should they have just abandoned me in Niagara Falls? Have some compassion for your fellow human being! This was from a manager.
I had so been looking forward to my birthday plans of having dinner at the Rainbow Room, the rooftop pool, the casino, wax museums & more.
Three bad issues is enough for me.
Beautiful hotel, great check in-too bad their customer service is so incredibly poor.
I am a frequent traveller & can say that you can have the most luxurious hotel but if you treat your guests badly then it doesn't matter how nice it looks.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank serenityx77
GuestExperience1330, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton on the Falls, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2017

Hello serenityx77,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your most recent stays with us at the Sheraton on the Falls.

We would like to first apologize that certain emergencies happened during your stay with us and we genuinely hope you are well and safe now.
We are very sorry that in the event that an ambulance needed to be called that our staff may have come off unhelpful. Unfortunately we are not permitted to call 911 as we wouldn't have all details of the emergency and the dispatcher may need to stay on the phone with the injured/ill to make sure all is well until an ambulance can arrive.

We hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back for a truly phenomenal stay.