All reviews indoor pool lundy's lane on site restaurant bed was comfortable checkin
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

Rooms are very dated, chair/couch/carpet stained, simple maintenance is not kept up, and non smoking room smelled of smoke. For the price we dealt with it. 2nd day into our stay we found a package of Crystal Meth, yes, Methamphetamine (confirmed by the Niagara police which we called to come pick it up) found at the edge of our bed as we were rearranging the sheets. We no longer wished to stay there since this meant the sheets were not being changed between customers. While confronting the manager, she refused to refund the night we were not staying and accused me of bringing the drugs into the room. I am not a saint, but not a Meth addict either and I have never felt so insulted in my life. The fact that a manager of a hotel could blame a customer for the lack of accountability of their staff is absolutely astonishing. Imagine what would have happened if a family with small children were staying here and the children had found it instead...

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Necgia, Manager at Travelodge Niagara Falls Bonaventure, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2018

Thanks for your review, We didn’t accuse you of anything but it doesn’t make sense that on your second day requesting that you wanted to leave a day early and we said no refunds, you contact the front desk an hour later stating that you found Crystal Meth in your room. Do you not find that strange? First you wanted to leave a day early we said we can’t refund you and an hour later you state that you found drugs after two days of staying in that room? If that was the case wouldn’t of it been noticed the first night? Or even the second night? We change our sheets EVERY time a guest checks out we DO NOT cut corners. All our sheets and duvets are sent out to a professional laundry. On another note,yes our hotel is a little dated, New furniture has been brought in as well as new carpeting and so on, your initial concern was the fact that your shower unit had a small crack in it that was repaired with epoxy, you were shown three different rooms but decided to stay in this one, there was never a mention of smoke, stained carpet, chairs and so on.

Reviewed 31 December 2017

because it was Christmas weekend the restaurant onsite was closed so we had to go elssewhere for breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Thank you for your review. Yes unfortunately our restaurant was closed on Christmas Day as technically that’s the only holiday they are closed to spend time with their families and loved ones. We thank you for your business.

Reviewed 22 December 2017

We always stay here, no charges for parking, rooms need updating but renovations are taking place. Small restaurant provides delicious breakfast and are now open Wedesday and Friday nights for dinner. Meals are home cooked.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Thanks for your review and we appreciate your business, yes renovations always take place in the winter months as we strive to improve the customer experience. The restaurant as well will appreciate your kind comments about their food, thank you again for your business.

Reviewed 20 December 2017

I booked here bc they had a bedroom with three queens. Upon arrival the staff was great, kind and freindly throughout my 4 day stay. The rooms were not as the were pictured. There was food on the floors holes in the walls and outlets were hanging out. There was no fitness center as listed, nor onsite washer and dryer. The place is about 30 years behind on updates and definitely undeserving of the Wyndham name.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Necgia, Manager at Travelodge Niagara Falls Bonaventure, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2017

Thanks for your review. With regards to your review I’m a little confused. You state the rooms are not as pictured, Our rooms have been recently updated compared to the pictures they are actually better. There was food on the floors? Could you kindly be more specific? Holes in the walls? Outlets hanging out? The fitness centre is located in the pool area so I don’t know how you state there is no fitness centre, we never have stated we have onsite washer and dryer facilities. Are you sure you even stayed here?

Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

Back in June I tried to rent three rooms at travel lodge for December 1 through December 3 my credit card was declined because it was out of the country charge. I received an email from the travel lodge stating that if I did not take action within 24 hours my booking would be canceled.I spoke with a couple people in my group and somebody else made arrangements so we went on with our business without given it another thought. I get back from my trip on December 4 and find the travel lodge somehow managed to charge my card $109.86 six times. They were contacted to ask what the charges for and they stated that it was a no-show that legally they can take it. The next day I found to my surprise that they took another three payments of $110.14 from my credit card after I had spoken to them. I’ve had to close my account and get another card . now I am seeking help from visa to get my money back that was stolen from me. Do not make the mistake I made by trusting Travelodge. Makes you wonder how many people they have stolen from that just did not catch it.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Necgia, Manager at Travelodge Niagara Falls Bonaventure, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2017

Thanks for your review. No money was ever stolen from you and booking.com had resolved the issue of you being billed the additional 3 times due to a system error from the processors end not ours, as we didn’t intentionally charge you 6 times. You didn’t show up and the system automatically charges you as being a “NO SHOW”. If you ever cancelled your reservation or if it was cancelled you would of received a cancellation email through booking.com, not because your credit card initially declined means “your off the hook”