“They made me feel like a second-quality person”
Review of Nataya B&B

Nataya B&B
Ranked #33 of 69 Niagara Falls B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 September 2016

I ordered the upper queen room with balcony for my 60-birthday night. I looked especially for a room with balcony. It was one of the primary conditions for choosing hotel. And I decided to pay more as my gift to myself. I imagined myself sitting on the balcony at night with glass of vine and etc.
I arrived at Niagara at 1 p.m. (the check-in starting from 4 p.m.) and wanted to find hotel. Finally I did. I received the key from the room #3 WITHOUT balcony with a view to the wall of the next building instead of the room #5 with balcony and a river view.
I show my confirmation mail and voucher (in every places it was a room with balcony) .The manager told me that because of some mistake the booking .com put me in the room #3. I told him about my 60-birthday and other things, but it didn’t help. And I knew the room #5 wasn’t occupied yet.
So, I asked him to put me at this room and to offer discount (that they propose to me) to other guests (maybe a balcony isn’t important for them and they prefer discount). But the answer (after many many conversations with owner and so on) was “NO”. And the reason was devastating: in that case they’ll need to manage 2 situations, but if they don’t change anything – to deal with only one situation!!! But this situation was min, and it was very special day for me.
If I were arrived when the room with balcony was occupied –of course it’s not good, but everyone know that mistakes happen and double booking is one of them. But here it was different. Besides a big disappointment about the room itself, they made me feel like a second-quality person, less important then others guests and it ruined badly my birthday mood.

Room Tip: don't trust to confirmation mail, check everything twice and more
Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 September 2016

The inn is actually no longer Nataya B&B, it is the Niagara Classic Annex owned by and booked through the Niagara Grandview Manor. We stayed in an upper floor room with a balcony shared with three other rooms and it was just lovely. Each room had a little wall between them on the balcony to provide privacy. The inn is one of the closest to the falls on River Road, about a 10 minute walk from anywhere you want to go in the falls/Clifton Hill area.

We were happy to be staying in a place that was full of visitors yet was not loud, and even though management was not on the premises they were right down the street and reachable at any time. Walking half a block over to Grandview Manor for a fresh, hot and delicious breakfast each morning was a great start to the day -- you must try Chef Joseph's Quiche Lorraine! His omelettes and crepes are also pretty dandy.

If anything was wrong (like having beds that were a little too firm, the cleaning people throwing away my partially used face wash packet that was still in the bathtub or the chef putting onions in our food even after we requested they be removed), they were total first world problems. The convenience, comfort and great staff of the inn outweighed small annoyances. Definitely worth the price and way better than staying in a hotel!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2016 via mobile

Highly recommend this place it was just beautiful. The gentlemen who owns it was just so sweet and accommodating. The room was average. I loved that it had a fridge and microwave.. The best part was the balcony my husband and I invited another couple to go with us, we had rooms next to each other and the balcony was connected... Three rooms have the balcony and it is one big but has bushes and a "screening thing" to separate the three of them.. So even tho we were next to them it was private and we were able to see them as well.. Just perfect. The breakfast was delicious delivered to room daily. The location was great we were able to walk to everything we wanted to see in the town.. Only things we drove to was botanical gardens which was also beautiful. We would recommend to anyone

Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2016

Beautiful property ideally located only a ten minute stroll along the river to the Falls. We had what amounted to a two bedroom suite with a large bathroom and small kitchen area. Both bed and bed settee were comfortable. Didn't find it an issue going to the neighbouring property for breakfast which was made fresh to order and very tasty. Staff were all very friendly. Parking was a huge bonus.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2016

We stayed here just at the time of change-over to the new owners. This was a learning time for them, but we were made to feel comfortable and that nothing was too much trouble by Luka, a charming hard-working young man who wanted to make sure we were completely happy and listened to our suggestions.
We had a very nice upstairs room - room 7 - with balcony looking over the gorge. A charming room with character suiting the style of the house. Could just see the river below, a lovely peaceful place to sit after a busy day out.
Each morning we sat out on the balcony as we enjoyed an excellent cold breakfast , with fresh fruit, bakery items, etc. Though looking at comments, it sounds like this may have changed now, we were aware that the new owners were looking at how to run Nataya in the future.
The location was really good, being within walking distance of the main Niagara centre and nearest falls. One of the closest b & b's - if not the closest!
It was strange at first, that no-one actually was based at the house we were staying, being a b & b - but all run from another b & b close by. We did get used to this, but don't know how convenient it would be if the weather wasn't too good! But again, do realise this is a time of changes, seeing what works best for everyone.

Room Tip: Top floor with balcony. Lovely to sit outside and enjoy a bit of peace and relaxation after a busy...
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple