“Best Meal I've had in a while!”
Review of Weinkeller

Weinkeller
Ranked #4 of 579 Restaurants in Niagara Falls
Price range: US$16 - US$47
Cuisines: Canadian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: ********FOR RESERVATIONS CLICK THRU TO OUR WEBSITE PLEASE.********** Weinkeller is the first winery in a restaurant in Canada! We are a craft winery and fresh food experience. "Casually upscale in every detail," is a slogan we use to describe the venue. We are one of the only adult focused restaurants in Niagara Falls and although we welcome children to join their parents we don't have high chairs or booster seats available on site. We open daily at 5pm (earlier in the Spring/Summer months). 2 Outdoor patio's... One in the front and a garden patio to the side will be ready for the 2014 summer season. We feature seasonal creations and offer a price fixed menu crafted almost entirely using Ontario's fresh seasonal products. Visit, Weinkeller ca for more information and to make easy online reservations. Full menu, photo gallery, and our philosophy are all available for your viewing pleasure
Reviewed 14 August 2017

This place is a MUST if you enjoy a good meal or you're a foodie. My husband and I did not make a reservation and visited on a Thursday at 5:30pm before dinner rush. This place is located right in the touristy area of Niagara Falls but it is a gem! The menu was delicious. They provide 2 choices: either a 3 course meal for $55 or a 5 course for $65. They also produce their own wine on site. One of the best things I ever ate in my life was their fried goat cheese appetizer with roasted garlic, oven-dried tomatoes and a honey truffle drizzle. I licked the plate! Definitely worth the price and it's a nice escape from the gaudy-ness of the touristy area of Niagara.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

So all 3 of us got the 3 meal dinner. The appetizers was actually pretty good. The goat cheese was good, the salad was good, and the mussels were great.

The issue was with the steak. If they had a menu of 30 different items i may not be so harsh on the steak, but with a main course menu of about 5-6 items, most people will run into the steak sooner or later.

The mussels for the appetizers were adorned with these great fries that had some awesome salt on it. Except the steak also had the same fries. Was there an option for a different kind of potato? I know we werent offered if there was. But that wasn't bad.

The steak itself was amazingly well prepared. All of us ordered medium rare and it was done perfectly.
So where did this all go wrong? It was the cut. I've had better cut from a $10 Bar cut of New York Steak. This steak cut was similar to the steak cut you'd get from your average breakfast place: egg and steak combo. Except thicker.

You know its a terrible choice of meat when the fat outlining the steak isn't the type that melts like butter in the grill and in your tongue. No, this was the kind you cut off.
Everything else was actually okay. The service was pretty good, the appetizer sets it for a good meal... and then i wish i was at kelseys for the steak. Or montanas. I won't even compare it to the Keg or the other steakhouses in the area.

But it was almost 60 dollars per person. For that price i'd go to Keg and get their Prime Ribs. Or for that cut of steak i'd go to a breakfast place and get their steak and egg. Unfortunately wont be back.

1  Thank d4rknezz2016
Reviewed 14 August 2017

made a reservation on yelp, had 3 course and 5 course meal for dinner.
very close to all the hotels near the clinton hill area.
the waitress was very knowledgeable and helpful making suggestions for wine/dishes.

had peach salad, mussels, steak, salmon, creme brûlée, one white wine and one red wine. fries that comes with mussels and steak were very tasty. steak was cooked perfectly. peach salad's seasoning was little too salty for me (may not be so salty for others). mussels was ok. veggies that come with salmon and steak were good, but carrots were little too salty (again maybe not so salty for others). creme brûlée was simple, but so good.

good place to visit as a couple, romantic atmosphere!

Reviewed 12 August 2017

This restaurant is beyond fantastic. Food, service, atmosphere, decor, etc.., all above expectations. The five course option is a bargain considering the quality of the food. My wife claims the pork chop was the best she's ever tasted and we both left craving more fried goat cheese. Can't recommend this place enough.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We booked the restaurant from reviews on this site. We were not disappointed at all. We had the mussels which were amongst the best we have ever had. The tuna was good, my husband would have liked more of a kick with the sauce. The grilled peach salad was off the hook! AI had the chicken with mushroom sauce. My mom had the pork and my husband had the clams casino. We all thought our entrees were way above average. The desserts were unique and yummy. And how can I forget about the wine. It was so good.