“A quick hot breakfast”

Sunset Grill
Ranked #91 of 449 Restaurants in Oshawa
Cuisines: American, Canadian
Reviewed 22 January 2018

Went this morning to Sunset Grill in Oshawa for breakfast.
Service was quick and the food was exactly as advertised.
In fact, portions were larger than expected.
Good place for family or small quick business meeting.

Date of visit: January 2018

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Usually don't expect much from a typical breakfast place but had a pleasant surprise here. Good service, lots of good food (had the French Connection), good coffee and clean place. Couldn't ask for more.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 2 May 2017

Had breakfast with spouse. I tried the crab benedict. Love the crab cakes, wish they could be served on there own. Didn't enjoy the hollandaise sauce or the 2 asparagus cut in half to make 4. Stalks too tough to eat. The fried potatoes barely warm and lacking any flavour. Good coffee.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 28 April 2017

Had a very good breakfast at the Sunset Grill. Very pleasant place. Very clean and the staff was efficient and pleasant. The coffee was very good and they have their own coffee, made for them specifically. We had the big breakfast which my wife and I shared since she likes pancakes and I like bacon and eggs. There was enough for the two of us. The hash brown potatoes were very tasty as well. Very good , filling meal. We used the washrooms and they were very clean and well set up. Even a diaper station in the men's bathroom. Good thinking. If ever in Oshawa again we will certainly come back to the Sunset Grill.

Date of visit: April 2017
1  Thank johnnyb2
Reviewed 4 January 2017

I have been to this location a number of times and have had a good experience.
My last experience was Dec. 31st for lunch. The restaurant was crowed and the only table left was near the front door were people come into the rest. It took a long time to get our order. Every time someone came in there was a very cold draft that blew around my legs. Then the line up started. I asked the one gentleman if he would mind shutting the door between the restaurant and the outside door. He said yes he would. Than this lady shouted at me in a loud voice at me and said why didn't you sit somewhere else if you are cold. She was very aggressive. I said to her that this was the only table available when my friend and I were being seated. It was not a good situation.
In the summer and warmer weather it is not a problem but in the winter it is a problem to sit at the first table near the door. That is a design issue in the building of the restaurant..
The service was slow that day because it was so busy.
One thing that I did notice was that most of the meals served had a very healthy serving of home fries and it saw that most customers were not eating the home fries. My order came with home fries and I tied to eat some but found that they were cold and didn't taste very good.

Date of visit: December 2016