“Fine dinning. Romantic. Dinner party. GO HERE.”
Review of Shrimp Cocktail

Shrimp Cocktail
Ranked #13 of 393 Restaurants in Oshawa
Price range: US$20 - US$78
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Vanier
Description: Casual fine dining. Steakhouse, Seafood , pasta. Fresh ingrediants. House made stocks, dressings and sauces. Dietary restriction friendly.
Reviewed 5 February 2017 via mobile

It's a bit pricey but worth the experience. Decor is nice. You can make it romantic or more casual. 4 people for dinner, Bill was a little over $300. One of the few and far between fine dining choices in the Durham Region.

Reviewed 22 January 2017

A party of 4 with a 6:30 reservation on a Saturday evening. Restaurant was very busy but we were seated promptly. Coincidently at the same table we had been seated at 7 months earlier. I will say, the noise level was again, on occasion, too loud for a pleasant dinner time atmosphere.
Our server was Blair and he was very pleasant, efficient and accommodating. He described the evenings specials, brought water, drinks, wine list and then took our appetizer orders. They didn't come out very quickly but they were served hot and we all enjoyed our particular orders.
For our mains, Two of us ordered one of the specials which was pickerel with tomato broth, peppers, sautéed shrimp with an angel hair pasta on the side. The fish was nicely cooked, portion a tad on the small side and I personally found the shrimp "fishy" but all round a nice meal. The lamb shank with mashed potatoes was alright but not amazing - just not much flavor. An 8 ounce New York strip was cooked to desired temperature (I thought it was a bit under) and only half was eaten. The frites were served slighter under desired heat but acceptable. The remaining steak went home. We were told the veg of the evening was asparagus - all plates were served with green beans. Too bad for those of us who actually really like asparagus!
As we were celebrating a birthday, a complimentary creme brûlée was served and was very good.
All in all, a nice meal. We were on our way home just before 9:00 and that was good with all of us.

Reviewed 21 January 2017

We were here some months ago and it was excellent. However, dinner earlier this evening sucked. The wine and appetizer was fine (should be at $50 and $16 respectively) but it took an hour for the mains to arrive. When they finally did arrive, the Halibut was disgusting. Presentation was uninspiring and the small fillet and veggies mixed with potato (other than asparagus which was good) were literally bathed in salt, I actually got acid reflux! Thinking I may be imagining things, I let my date try it. She was disgusted as well. A staff member came by and I asked them to try this but they declined. They did take it off my bill. This crap was way worse than a Toronto food court lunch experience at $9 but they wanted a hell of a lot more. After 1.5 hours,, we skipped dessert and the final bill was close to $125 without the Halibut. Very pricey considering the torment and long wait. My date's seafood pasta was pretty good. Anyway, I can cook better fresh halibut myself from French Creek on Vancouver Island. Will not be returning (A Tavalo, Nice Bistro, Bistro 67 and even Avanti way better) Had dessert at home...wish I had stayed there tonight! Wonder if they got the chef from Kelsey's Oshawa lol

Reviewed 18 January 2017

We were visiting Oshawa and enjoyed a nice dinner here. We were seated immediately and treated to good service throughout the meal. The food was as expected (which was very good!!) but not particularly memorable. We would definitely eat here again if we visiting Oshawa in the future.

Reviewed 9 January 2017

My husband and I went to Shrimp Cocktail on Saturday for a late lunch. A party of about 50 people had arrived just before us for a Christening celebration. That didn't seem to matter because we got served immediately. My husband had the Steak Sandwich and I hade the wonderful Macedonian Pasta. Both were fabulous. The service and food were spectacular. Thank you Wanda for a memorable experience.