“Very good experience”
Review of Fionn MacCool's

Fionn MacCool's
Ranked #27 of 399 Restaurants in Oshawa
Reviewed 8 August 2017

Prices at this place are not low, but are closer to Shoeless Joe's. The great tasting cold beer and really good food help.

Reviewed 17 July 2017 via mobile

Great meal. Great service. Our server was fantastic. I made some requests for my meal and they were followed to the tee. My steak was cooked perfectly and so was my daughter's steak. Food was piping hot when it arrived at the table. Everything tasted great. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Went to this restaurant to celebrate our anniversary as we had a good experience the first time we'd been here.

The restaurant was not full, but it took over 7 minutes for someone to take our drink order. The meal took over 20 minutes to arrive.

I ordered the steak, medium cook. When it arrived I could barely get the sharp steak knife through it. It was very tough. When I checked the menu, I realized it wasn't top sirloin but hanger steak. I immediately asked to see the server, who brought the manager. He said he would get me another steak and guaranteed it would be tender. I had to wait another 20 minutes and this time it was more tender but was medium rare. Also by this time the sides were cold.

My husband ordered the double stacked cod sandwich. It had very little flavour and the garden salad was just some greens soaked in a vinaigrette.

On the bright side, the beer was excellent!

As there are pubs with better food in the area, I would probably not recommend this restaurant based on this 2nd disappointing visit.

Reviewed 1 July 2017

Visit for the beer, stay for the beer bread! This is a little slice of Irish heaven in Oshawa. Friendly service, tasty good food and cold beer, too. Tip: ask for the beer bread and the spicy cheese! Hits the spot. Irish heaven, yes, I said it again.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

Our group made a reservation and were treated very well. The service was good and the menu had extensive choices. The food arrived quickly and was hot and the portions were generous. Afterwards a manager came to ask us if everything was okay and did we have any suggestions. I was impressed and would certainly return again.