“Excellent place!”
Review of Thanjai Restaurant

Thanjai Restaurant
Ranked #340 of 2,951 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: US$8 - US$15
Description: More varieties of Dosas 80% Vegetarian Menu, also mostly Vegan Halal food & Most dishes are Gluten-free Family Style Restaurant & Children’s Menu Take-out, Delivery and Online order services Catering Services and On-site Dosa services Corporate Lunch services
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We have been here a couple times already. Always good .

Very nice service, reasonable price and amazing food. They got everything you ask for. Just give a shot, they won’t let you disappointed.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The best restaurant for South Indian cuisine and tried dosas and biryanis. Should try their new cocktails too. Over all a satisfying place for food and service.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I enjoyed all the dishes especially the masala dosa and the idlis.DONT forget the Masala Tea!!!
This super ambient restaurant is a feather in the Gleebe's cap.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Thanjai is a South Indian restaurant, on Bank Third,Ottawa. I was a fan of their food since September, 2017. But recently, they introduced a few cocktails, which I could not resist on trying. A blend of Indian flavour with alcohol, was amazing. I was awestruck when I tried the Thanjai Caesar. My favourite Tiger beer cocktail with a hot flavour. Absolute love for people who love trying different kinds of drinks. The Nandini Breeze is another vodka pineapple based cocktail. I wonder how they give me reasons for visiting again and again each time I visit this place.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Since my doctor told me to give up gluten, I've been either cheating (and suffering), or feeling sorry for myself, because so much of a typical restaurant menu is unavailable to me. I was in Ottawa visiting friends last week, and they suggested we go for Indian food. We ended up at Thanjai, where there are so many gluten free choices, I had a really tough time deciding what to order. But I worked it out, lol.

My friends are vegan, so most of what we ordered was vegan too, so we could share easily. I'm a meat-eater. but I didn't miss the meat at Thanjai (I confess I felt a little jealous of the patrons who were eating lamb, though, haha). Standout items were the yummy, tangy Sambar Vada and the Mushroom Masala Dosa. The Spinach and Lentil Curry was super good too. We did sneak in a little animal protein too, in the form of fish pakoras. So good!!

I usually like to try new restaurants when I'm out of town, but if my friends want to go Thanjay again next time I'm in town, it won't be that tough to convince me. Overall it was a really nice experience!

Shout out to our server, Raul -- he was awesome! He always seemed to be there when we needed him, but didn't hover too much. Perfect balance!