“I believe they are permanently closed”
Review of Jean Alberts - CLOSED

Jean Alberts
Price range: US$14 - US$18
Cuisines: Southwestern
Reviewed 9 November 2012

When to have lunch there today with a Groupon, and it looks as if the place has been vacant for a little while (piles of mail, and closed sign on door). Also the phone number for this business is no longer in service :(
Bummer ! I wanted to check it out.

2  Thank travellin50

Reviewed 29 May 2012

Great southern food - yum, yum, yummy! Their fried chicken is incredible and the pies are wonderful.

Reviewed 10 May 2012

We tried to go to Jean Alberts when they were located at Hallville. However, they were always closed when we went past. Last night we finally got to their Somerset restaurant. When we arrived we were the only ones in the restaurant but soon others arrived. Jean served us with perfection. The corn bread was hot and tasty. The best we have ever eaten. We both had the famous fried chicken and macaroni and cheese. Both were just wonderful. My wife had the baked beans, they sure are not from a can, and I had the black eyed peas. My wife describe the baked beans as "home made.' I was educated in the southern USA and the black eyed peas and southern fried chicken is authentic. We had a Groupon voucher but we will return for the food next time. Yummy.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

A great little place (Lyon & Somerset location)

Delicious food, excellent service and an overall great experience!
Everything was so fresh and had so much flavor.

Reviewed 21 November 2011

We went to Jean Albert's recently, and after having been in the Carolinas and Georgia in the past month, can say their food is authentic and really delicious. It is more like what you would make at home if you were lucky enough to grow up eating this type of cuisine. We had the chicken and waffle, with a cornmeal waffle. Well, that thing would take down a horse, it is dense and delish. We had the sweet water cornbread (tasty), baked beans (good side), and I had the pulled pork, which was done up just right with slaw on the bun. It does have sauce on it, just a bit more Carolina style than Texas! We went with a Groupon, and we will be going back without one. It is great value, great service, and fine sweet tea.

1  Thank andreya32