2,334 results
All reviewsshore clubrideau centreheavenly bedbyward marketspg memberparliament hilldirect accessself parkcorner roomdeluxe roomthird floorvalet parkingnational galleryper daychateau laurierthe location is perfectan upgrade
Reviewed 24 May 2018

The room was clean and comfortable. The view was great. Centrally located. But that was all the positive I can offer. In a town filled with upscale establishments the Westin epicly fails to offer a great customer service and uses its location as sole point of interest. First off, they advertise on Google offering free breakfast. Not so. When this was brought to the attention of management they failed to offer any sort of token of appreciation other than claiming no responsibility for Google's description. Not even a voucher for a drink or food credit of any sort. The pool is filled with screaming kids at all hours with no adult swimming periods. The hot tub despite being posted as 16 years and up also filled with kids. Once again management doesn't care. So since you don't care about my patronage don't expect me to return. At 250 bucks a night I can find a better place to stay and spend my money on. In a hot market where service is the way to distinguish your establishment from the competition, you miserably failed.

Room Tip: If you really must stay there then join SPG program to get free wifi and an upper floor room
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Greg D
TeamMarriott, General Manager at The Westin Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Dear Greg D,

Thank you for the review of your experience at our hotel. We are sorry for disappointing you by not offering breakfast, and we are having our team look into that incorrect description you found on Google. We hope we have another opportunity to welcome you again and provide you with a more favorable experience.

Reviewed 22 May 2018

I stayed there for few days and used the facility to conduct a seminar. The meeting room facilities were good and service very efficient, Well catered and made the participants very conferrable. The rooms were very good and comfortable although the bathrooms maybe a bit dated. The staff was very helpful. I had a problem with my flight and they did their best to help our team. I ended up having g to come back from the airport to and stay an extra night and they were very accommodating and went out of there way to make the stay convenient.

Room Tip: would recommend high floor
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
TheWestinOttawa, General Manager at The Westin Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Dear Amin K

Thank you for your feedback.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our team provided you with friendly service. We are lucky to have associates who truly care about each guest stay!

Thank you again for taking the time to review our hotel, we do hope to see you again soon!

Be well,

Reviewed 22 May 2018

Great hotel, in downtown Ottawa, 2 blocks away from the Parliament and 2 blocks away from Byward Market. The bed is wonderful, there's a top notch gym and even an indoor pool. Breakfast was great too. The only down side is that a asked for a late checkout since my flight was at 6PM and didn't get one. I'd recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, General Manager at The Westin Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

Dear vteixeira66,

Thank you for the nice review of your recent stay at The Westin Ottawa! We are glad you found our location to be perfect for your plans and that you enjoyed your time being here. Your recommendation is truly appreciated, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the area.

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

We visited the hotel during the Tulip Festival as part of a small tour group on a weekend when the hotel was completely full. The welcome was SUPERB. The breakfasts were PERFECT, and the room was sublime. Some of this is surely Canadian "niceness", but most of it was a real dedication to hospitality. Don't hesitate to book this hotel!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
TeamMarriott, General Manager at The Westin Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2018

Dear BPSRCalais,

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest feedback regarding your stay at The Westin Ottawa. Your compliments were a pleasure to read, and we were delighted to learn that you were thoroughly spoiled by our associates. We will share your fantastic remarks with our management team and the entire staff. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

I stayed here for a conference in April. The staff was very friendly and check-in was quick and efficient. My SPG status was recognized and I was offered an upgrade to a Parliament-view room. The room was modern, clean, well appointed, and a good size on the 18th floor. It had a beautiful view of the Rideau Canal, the National Arts Centre and Parliament in the background. The hotel has a pool, which I didn't visit, and a gym. They also offer the Westin workout clothes lending service, which is a great idea. I did visit the hotel's restaurant/bar, which had friendly attentive service but was nothing to write home about and was quite expensive. Luckily the hotel is just a few blocks aways from the some of the city's best restaurants (I had a wonderful meal at Riviera on Sparks Street). Location is this hotel's greatest asset. It is right in the heart of the city and includes an indoor connection to the Rideau shopping centre. Ottawa has a lot of old and tired hotels that aren't befitting a national capital - this is definitely NOT one of them. I would stay at the Westin again.

Room Tip: some rooms face Parliament hill and have better views
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
TeamMarriott, General Manager at The Westin Ottawa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear KilgoreTrout,

Thank you for your fantastic review and for all the wonderful things that you had to say about The Westin Ottawa. Your comments were a pleasure to read and we are excited to share them with our wonderful staff. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to having you stay with us again.