“Great steak cooked perfectly”

Rose Bowl Chophouse & Lounge
Ranked #162 of 2,950 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Newly renovated and re-opened.
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Went to the Rose Bowl Chophouse for a memorable meal prior to starting cancer treatment. Certainly lived up to the ratings I've read. Started the meal with an appetizer of scallops which were tasty and cooked perfectly. Steak and lobster for the entrée and both were delicious. The vegetables on the side were a little crisp even for my taste. A bit of a throw back with the drawn butter in a warmer but a nice touch as there's nothing better with lobster. Too full for dessert but a decent selection of sweets. The service was attentive but not intrusive. Was there a little early, around 6 pm so the place wasn't too loud. Would definitely return.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

Great restaurant for a nice little evening. Great staff and excellent food!!! We had the bruschetta and calamari for apps and they were so good! The calamari was very well done, and I'm picky when it comes to that, but I was not disappointed. I would definitely eat here again, well worth it.

1  Thank VioletLuther
Reviewed 12 July 2017 via mobile

Been there many times, always consistently good food and service in a part of Ottawa that doesn't have many good options. Steaks are their speciality, salmon is good to.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

We have been coming here for years and you know a restaurant is great when the food is consistently great. If you love escargots this is where you get the best...plump, juicy and tender in garlic butter and drizzled with gooey cheese. And you can count on the steak every time. These guys know what they're doing! Service is always impeccable and with a smile.

Reviewed 23 June 2017

We went out dinning with another couple. Reservations were made for 7pm, on a Saturday evening. We were greated immediately and guided to a nicely located table. Although I thought the restaurant looked ok, we did comment to each other that the place needed a face lift.
We ordered a variety of items for appetizers such as calamari, escargots and scallops with bacon. All were very good. My favourite are the scallops with bacon in a peanut butter sauce. I had the surf and turf as my main course, and others had a variety of chicken and salmon dishes.
Although, I enjoyed the meal, I don't think I would necessarily return or add it to my list of favourites. Don't get me wrong, it was good food, but just not outstanding for me.

Waiter was attentive, but appeared to have little service experience.

2  Thank FCRRanch