“Super Greek food”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 October 2017

A friend and I arrived at Penelope's to have lunch on Thursday. We were early and were told that the only available table was by the kitchen. I was skeptical but, within ten minutes of our arrival the restaurant was full. There were a couple of large parties and everyone seemed to be having a grand time. Our food was nicely served and very good tasting. My guest had roast lamb and she pronounced it excellent. My wrap and Greek salad was very good too. I appreciated the little ramekin of extra tzitziki. Next time I go back for lunch I'll try the roast lamb.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

Pinelopi's has really good food served in a warm atmosphere provided by the family that owns and runs the place. We particularly love to order a bunch of appetizers (Mezzes)and a salad and share them, lingering for as long as we like in this lovely spot.

Reviewed 3 August 2017

Is it boring that it's always great food, wonderful service, terrific people, completely dependable, comfortable, attractive? Do I sound like a dribbling idiot?

Nope.

It's all those things and more.

I live nearly five hours north of Ottawa now, and visit a few times a year. Pinelopi's is an essential stop, with friends, every single trip--and always will be.

Try to bribe them to put the sweet potato fries back on the menu, but in the meantime, the oven-roasted wedges are just fine.

If you don't try the Kadaifi (and, I'm told by one of my two companions on these dinners, the rice pudding) you will forever regret it.

Oh--and the vegetarian in the group is delighted as well!

Are there more stars I could allot?

Make a reservation--regardless of time, or day of the week. Pinelopi's is becoming better known all the time.

Reviewed 3 July 2017 via mobile

I would recommend getting a reservation. This is a busy, tiny restaurant with BIG Flavor. Staff are friendly and helpful. The food is tasty. GOOD value. All tastes fresh!! The bread is warm. The Souvlaki is perfect. The Calamari was light and cooked to perfection.

Reviewed 15 June 2017

We chose Pinelope's to celebrate a friend's birthday and it was an excellent choice! The food and service were incredible, and we really appreciated all the extra touches and personal attention! Thanks for making this a wonderful lunch for the ladies!