“Possibly the world's best burrito!”

Corazon De Maiz Mexican Food
Ranked #34 of 2,983 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 26 July 2016 via mobile

My wife and I have been on a quest for the world's best beef burrito for the past 40+ years and this is definitely the place to get it in Ottawa! This lovely Mexican food stand is located in Ottawa's ByWard market in the main market building. It's not big and has only three tables so if you go on a work day get there at or just before 11:30am to beat the mid-day Rush. It's not a fancy place but does have a nice ambiance if you are lucky enough to grab a table or you can eat at the counter. You order your food at the kitchen and it takes a few minutes to work its way out to the tables. The burritos are flavorful but not super spicy from the kitchen but there are a plethora of fabulous sauces available at the counter to give you extra flavor and whatever level of zing you can handle! Fresh cold tap water is free in cute plastic cups that remind me of my childhood. The food is served fresh & hot by an authentic Mexican kitchen and it's definitely worth the trip. We eat here a lot and this is simply the best burrito in Ottawa ... and quite possibly the world!

Reviewed 21 July 2016

I have wanted to try this restaurant for a long time, I have always loved mexican food and being ranked as one of the best Mexican restaurants in Ottawa definitely intrigued me. I went for lunch a couple of weeks ago, and honestly it wasn't that "amazing". The food, although "authentic" was lacking flavour, the portions were OK but quite small when you take into account the price, it was expensive!. The guacamole and many of the sauces were over garlicky for my taste. I don't think I will come back.

Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

One word - tostadas. Get ready to get messy, but it will be by far one of the best things you have ever eaten. You cannot go wrong with any of your choice of meats either. They also provide numerous hot sauces ranging from mild to extra hot, some sweet and smoky, to choose from.

We discovered this spot a few years back for the first time. Returning to Ottawa this summer, we knew we had to go back, and it sure didn't disappoint! Try the tortilla soup too!

Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

We stop by for quick Mexican lunch while walking around the city. Food was served fast, was fresh and tasty. Definitely worth going back.

Reviewed 19 June 2016

Stopped here because it was on the way to the National Gallery of Canada, and it was a nice meal.

Had the tostadas; one beef, one chicken and one vegetarian with a tamarind soda. They were definitely messy to eat, but were absolutely delicious. Don't wear white...

Seating is at the counter, or in the area that's open to the sidewalk; not quite patio, not quite indoors.

This was cheap, reasonably healthy and flavourful. There were quite a few sauces available too.