“A quaint little slice of Mexico”

Corazon De Maiz Mexican Food
Ranked #96 of 2,870 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 14 February 2017

Every time I go to Corazon de Maiz Their is a lineup. A good sign of good food. This cozy restaurant is owned and operated by a young Mexican couple. The food has the real taste of Mexico, even if it has been adapted to the Canadian taste. I highly recommend the Tortilla soup. The tacos and burritos are delicious. The staff is always friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 8 February 2017

Leslie and I went to Corazon De Maiz for a late lunch last summer during our trip to Canada. We fell in **love** with their food. Their an authentic Mexican spot that has so many varieties of hot sauces. It's also so nice that the owners are there greeting everyone and checking in. We bought some bottles of their sauce to bring back with us! There aren't many places where you can get three tacos and a Jarrito drink for only $15! The pork was delicious. Found out later reading reviews on here that it's slow braised to have a citrus flavor. Loved this place! Matthew David Rubin

Thank Matthew David R... R
Reviewed 22 January 2017 via mobile

This is the kind of place you stop at for a quick bite. There are two or three tables and seats at the counter. I love their soft tacos with either chicken or beef. Get an order of three and you're good to go; it's great value for money. They also have a selection of hot sauces and Mexican soft drinks. The service is always quick and friendly. I've been going regularly for years and have never been disappointed.

Reviewed 23 December 2016

Had a late lunch here several days ago and this place never disappoints. I ordered the pork tacos and the tacos were full of flavour and with the addition of the diablo salsa, very spicy. Ottawa for years has not had great Mexican food, but now that has changed thanks to places like this.

1  Thank Stirling B
Reviewed 20 December 2016

After living in Mexico for a few years it is aways hard to find the proper Mexican dish, I found it on holidays in Ottawa. Former I would go back and eat here. Delcious

1  Thank Just-Cope