“Oh So Good!”

Price range: US$5 - US$9
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Reviewed 12 February 2015

We've tried everything from the burger, sausage, stew and pulled pork. Everything was delicious and the smokey flavour was exactly what we expected from the smell! Will be back next week for the roast beef!

Reviewed 4 February 2015

I work in Little Italy and have visited most if not all of the places on Preston and around. It's not Italian food if that is what you're looking for. I've been there a few times for their daily specials and it's always more than enough food.

The specials are usually $9-12 and that's tax included. If it was cheaper I'd eat there every day but of course I'd probably put on some weight. There are cheaper places to go but the quality of food and the size of the serving makes the price right. Everything is always ready to go so you can be in and out of there very quickly.

The staff are very friendly and laid back. I had a cold one time and I wanted something spicy to clear my head out. I asked if the jambalaya was spicy and explained why and they threw in some tzatziki sauce and something else to make it spicier, with no additional charge.

If you love meat, and are in the area, I would recommend stopping in.

Reviewed 29 January 2015

Big portions, incredible food, friendly service. You owe it to yourself to eat at the Smokehouse; it's unmatched in Ottawa. Keep it up!

Reviewed 29 December 2014

Well it is just a take out which I am not a big fan of. But the staff are so friendly it makes the experience of waiting around doable. The food is so yummy, we keep going back. Mouth watering barbecue.

Reviewed 13 October 2014

Dropped by for a little take out lunch ... had the pulled pork combo with coleslaw and a brownie side. Most excellent and a great deal I'd give it 4 and half stars. Quietly wondered if the brownies were made by the owner/chef too or sourced from a bakery it was very good. It's a shame there isn't a little room out front for a picnic table or two. Will be dropping by again for sure.