“One of Ottawa’s Best Restaurants!”
Review of El Camino

El Camino
Ranked #57 of 2,986 Restaurants in Ottawa
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

One my favourite restaurants in Ottawa. I’ve been here around 5-6 times, and I don’t think I’ve ever had a mediocre dish. Every one of their dishes is absolutely outstanding. Highlights include the tuna tartare taco, ox tongue taco, and fish tacos. The side dishes and appetizers and amazing too!

The restaurant is very busy, so arrive early. Despite that, I’ve never felt ignored by the servers or that they were too busy to serve me. Thanks for all the great news!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

Best tacos you can find - unique ingredients and awesome drink specials. Not your average taco place.

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I, are big Mexican food lovers, and this place is our favourite. It is so delicious and fresh, appetizers like the papaya salad and the prawn betel leaf are mouth watering. Our favourite tacos are the fish taco, the spicy chorizo taco, tuna tartare taco and the ox tongue. If we could we would eat here every night. Drinks are pricey but delicious The Way is our favourite one. It’s very much a hipster place and a definitely must try when in Ottawa.

Reviewed 5 June 2018

I only eat tacos if they're from El Camino. That's how amazing their tacos are. I LOVE the soft shell, I'm not a hard-shell or corn-shell kind of person. The fried eggplant taco (veg) is AMAZING and their mayo and all the sauces they use make the dish. The summer mexican corn is also so flavourful. HIGHLY recommend. Unfortunately their taco prices have risen in the past few years, I used to go when their eggplant tacos were ~$3 and now they're up to $6 so that's a shame. However, it's great they opened a location in the Byward Market. The Elgin location will generally be very full at all times! Worth the wait!!

Reviewed 21 May 2018 via mobile

1 plate for 4 peaple and no napkins! They just wantes us out quick and on the expensive side.. Food was good