“tasty!”
Review of Shawarma Express

Shawarma Express
Ranked #569 of 2,961 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Description: We are a family owned and run Lebanese restaurant specializing in shawarma sandwiches and dishes. A collection of home recipes bonding three generations of family over food is what started it all!
Reviewed 15 November 2017

I arrived in Ottawa rather late, and Shawarma Express was near my hotel and open until 10pm.

I chose the beef shawarma place, and man oh man was there a lot of delicious food: marinate beef, garlic potatoes, steamed rice, fattoush salad, tabbouli, hummus, pickles, turnips, tomato, onions, garlic sauce, and pita bread.
I'm usually a total pig, and I couldn't finish it all - but I sure tried!

The young man at the counter was great about asking me how I liked spicing (hot sauces and such), and was very friendly.

I totally recommend the place.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

Stopped here for lunch and had one of the best Shawarma's ever. I ordered a large and it was filling. They have all the regular toppings and sides. Its not fine dining but tasted so fine to me. Would highly recommend and the price was very reasonable.

Reviewed 27 October 2017

I accidentally stumbled upon this place while I was staying at a downtown hotel. Wow! The food was great, the prices were very good and the staff was very helpful in helping me decide what I may enjoy, (as I was unfamiliar with most items on the menu). As other have mentioned, the decor is poor and you'll be eating with plastic utensils, but over look this and you'll enjoy a very flavourable meal. I had the Halifax Donair plate and it was almost too much to eat. They provide large portions. Perhaps this was one of my favourite meals I had while staying in Ottawa. CAN'T WAIT TO GET BACK THERE. Thank you guys!

Reviewed 29 September 2017

I come here on a regular, the portions are great and the taste is amazing. The place itself is not the nicest looking inside, but still has enough seating during lunch time. Best shawarma in the area for sure.

Reviewed 3 July 2017

I really enjoyed the food here. It was cheap and I got full with what I ordered. I must have been when it was not too busy. They even hand out some samples for some potatoes.