“very good brunch”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Byward Market Area
Description: For over 35 years our fine cuisine and charming atmosphere have made us a favorite destination for special events, family gatherings and corporate occasions. Experience downtown Ottawa dining at its best!
Reviewed 7 November 2017

I recently went for brunch with a large group. The decor is very nice, a bricked older building with wooden accents. The service was good considering the size of our party. We were upstairs in a room set up for group gatherings. I had their egg scramble, and it was very good. The bacon was especially delicious, although not a large portion of bacon. I asked for some Tobasco on the side and was brought it promptly. My only complaint is that The Courtyard is not easy to find if you are not familiar with the market area.There are no signs except for a small one on a hand painted sign on George St with a couple of other establishments. The building is set back in an alley, so give yourself time to find it. Otherwise it is a fine establishment. I would go agaain.

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 24 October 2017

This was an exceptional meal. The flavours in all the dishes were fascinating and I gather created by the chef. The service was very good and the restaurant itself well designed.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Enjoyed lunch at Courtyard Restaurant. Seated promptly. Decor is warm and rustic. Very clean. Service was excellent, waiter was friendly, charming, and attentive - bringing out extra spoons and forks when he heard me offering bites of my food to family. Food was delicious. I definitely recommend.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 4 October 2017

We decided to have our wedding at Courtyard because the venue was gorgeous with it's old brick and the wedding coordinator Cynthia was incredibly organized and invested (I'm someone who doesn't love weddings so I appreciated her knowledge). Everything leading up to the day was smooth, organized and enjoyable, Cynthia is intense when it comes to wedding coordination and I truly valued her knowledge in the field and her ability to listen to what we wanted. Our actual wedding day could not have been better. Our guests were late getting to the venue from the church and Cynthia and her team were quick to adjust our timing for the night, the room was stunning and the staff was incredible with their service. On top of it all we had multiple guests comment that the food was the best wedding food they had ever eaten.
We had 58 guests, and were married offsite at our church, it was worth every penny spent and if we had to do it all over again we'd do it exactly the same. Thank you so much courtyard!!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 3 October 2017

My husband and I just had both our wedding ceremony and reception at the Courtyard Restaurant downtown Ottawa and have nothing but gratitude and fabulous feedback for the event, wedding planner Cynthia, food, and ambiance. The wedding went off without a hitch (there was only one issue and this is because we went on our own to book flowers - however Cynthia completely stepped in to help rectify). The planning process was INCREDIBLY professional and Cynthia was so articulate from start to finish. Her diligence on the day of and her ability to manage so well behind the scenes is unlike anything I've seen before. The venue itself is so beautiful if you are looking for a smaller wedding (we had 80 people), the multiple rooms upstairs and bar set up were great for people to disperse and enjoy. The food was INCREDIBLE, our guests have been raving ever since and we are so pleased with how high end and delicious the food not only tasted but was presented as well. I am usually a tough critic but I have to say that this experience was seamless and exactly what you need if you are a busy bride-to-be and are looking for a venue/planner to help guide you along the process of planning a wedding. Overall we are more than thrilled to have chosen The Courtyard Restaurant!

Date of visit: September 2017