“Great food and great value!”
Review of Taqueria la Bonita

Taqueria la Bonita
Ranked #123 of 2,855 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: US$3 - US$13
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 18 April 2017 via mobile

We have visited La Bonita twice in the past month and thoroughly enjoyed the food, service and surroundings. Tacos, quedadillas and burritos were stellar. Particularly outstanding were the tacos with pork al pastor. They have an excellent assortment of Mexican beer and tequila at very reasonable prices. As other reviews have indicated, this is authentic Mexican food, not the usual Tex-Mex fare. Strongly recommended.

1  Thank lomerlaw

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

I love just waking into the place and seeing the decor. The beautiful framed paintings and Mexican hats take you away. The menu gives you delicious choices and you leave there very satisfied. I recommend the Sopa Azteca and the tacos molle. I often crave for their soup. Yum!

1  Thank Elizabeth1036
Reviewed 12 March 2017

So, I used to go here all the time. I loved it. The food is amazing, no question. Anything you order, you will love it. The atmosphere is great in the restaurant! Lots of fancy cocktails too. I used to spend a ton of cash there, I live right nearby. Then a month ago something started to happen.

It started when I called to make a reservation for 2, "No. We only do reservations for four or more." "Um.... Ok.... I'll just get there super early then." (contemplated lying and saying the other two cancelled, but I didn't...the place was half empty at dinner time on a Friday, so no problems anyway).

Then I ordered 2 tacos. "Can I get one chicken one al pastor?"
"No. They all have to be the same."
Weird, but ok. I guess it is too onerous for the chef to grab a different kind of meat??

When I get them, they are small so I ask if I can add another one to my order.
"No. You can only order in twos and threes."
"Um... can I retroactively change my order to three?"
"NO." (walks away).
OK THEN!

Last week was the breaking point. I decided to avoid all the issues with eating in and just get takeout. The lady who answered the phone brusquely informed me that they do not do take out any longer. WOW. Well that's it for me then.

Lots of restaurants have great food and get to be very busy in Ottawa. I felt like a nuisance to them. See ya never, La Bonita.

2  Thank Canadian09876
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 March 2017 via mobile

Fantastic!
Just back from a vacation in Queretaro MX and this place is the closest to authentic as you can get.
This is NOT TexMex, or Canadian/Mex or Chinese Food, this, Cabron, is Mexico.
Loved it.
Will be back weekly.

Btw, Mary's are good too ;)

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 2 March 2017

We wanted to eat a real Mexican meal. We looked on the Internet for our option and decided to visit Taqueria La Bonita. It was a nice surprise and the food was delicious. The restaurant is small but offers enough space (divided into 2 small sections). The service could have been a little faster, but I believe there was only 1 waitress doing both side. The salsa and chips were good but they were missing some spices for my liking (cilantro, more garlic, parsley). The rest of our food was very good. If you want more spicy, they offer you a plater with 3 different sauces, to enjoy. I would like to return to try other plates.