“10th Wedding Anniversary Dinner”

Beckta Dining & Wine
Ranked #16 of 2,950 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: US$23 - US$75
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Modern, seasonal fine dining restaurant and casual wine bar know for extraordinary hospitality and exciting food. Two distinct dining areas that cater to many different occasions: intimate experiences, business diners, fancy celebrations and casual visits.
Reviewed 16 September 2017

My husband and I treated ourselves to a lovely dinner at Beckta for our Anniversary. We decided to get the 5 course tasting menu with the wine pairing. We enjoyed all of our courses and equally enjoyed the wines. The staff were very knowledgeable and they have a sommelier on staff. I highly recommend this restaurant for a romantic night out.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,358)

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

This restaurant was not at all what we expected but it was great. The menu offers two options a three course dinner or a five course tapas type dinner. That's not what we really wanted since that's too much food for us however we chose the five course tapas meal and were happy with it. Way too much food for us but....
Nice wine selection, very knowledgeable servers.
Although we were unable to go to the bar first, since there was a private party, we did look in after our dinner and we're sure we'd love the bar.
Expensive but Gormet.

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I were in Ottawa for our 40th Wedding Anniversary. We had made a reservation at a nearby restaurant the night before we visited Beckta. We had intended that meal to celebrate our anniversary. The highly rated establishment was awash in trash and dead flower baskets. We didn't eat there. I phoned Beckta that night and they were able to give us a reservation for the following evening. What a fantastic establishment, Great furnishings Original artworks,beautiful historic building. Our waiter Bill was fantastic as was our meal. It was a three course fix price. We normally order ala carte but the menu turned out to be perfect. Our starters were a green salad for my wife and a cold yellow pepper soup. My wife said it was the best salad she'd ever had in a restaurant. My soup was delicious. My wife had duck while I had a striploin both of which were perfectly prepared. The desserts offered were two of the most artistic we have ever had. Both were delicious. We look forward to our next trip to Ottawa as we will make Beckta our restaurant of choice.

1  Thank Douglas A
Reviewed 13 September 2017

We had a special private room for 6 with exquisite service on my birthday. The food is a gourmand food and different from other restaurants. we had a great downtown view on second floor. I did not like the paintings of local artist on the wall but it's my humble opinion. thank you, "Beckta" for a great experience!

2  Thank Fara W
Reviewed 12 September 2017

What a wonderful evening, food is delicious (tastings menu is superb), and the pairings a delight. Staff go out of their way to make the night.

2  Thank cpoultney