“Awesome fajitas!”

Ranked #313 of 2,848 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: US$9 - US$25
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Our famous fajitas are served up fresh - from the warm flour tortillas to the guacamole and the salsa. Wood fire grilled AAA steaks and smokehouse ribs are all prepared in the barbecue pit. Lone Star guarantees great food, warm southern hospitality, and a good time. We are Canada's only authentic Texas restaurant - the real deal...TEXAS to the BONE!
Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

We had never tried this chain before, we finally got around to trying it out for lunch. Lots of choices on the menu. We ordered the steak fajitas, excellent! Our server was friendly and helpful and we didn't have to wait long for our meal. Great experiences, looking forward to our next visit.

Lone Star T, Guest Relations Manager at Lone Star Texas Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2016

Hi one1worldtraveller,
Thank you for reviewing Lone Star, we appreciate that you took the time to give us your feedback!

Reviewed 13 September 2016

My husband really wanted to try this place so we finally decided to go. I had a hard time finding something on the menu that sounded appealing. I think there were only two options, maybe three vegetarian options. I settled on Veggie Fajitas with portobello mushrooms and avocado. The portions are huge. When they say it's sharing size, it really is sharing size. I could not finish it and I had not eaten all day. My husband ordered ribs and he devoured his entire plate. He loved it. I could take or leave my meal. It was good, but not outstanding.

The service on the other hand was excellent. On arrival you get a basket of chips and salsa. If you're starving, it's great, but easy to fill up on before your meal. It's a very busy spot, so wait times can be a bit long and we arrived about 3 pm for a late lunch/early dinner. It's next door to a hotel and across the street from the St. Laurent shopping center which I think helps keep it busy. Our waiter was very friendly, he would check in regularly and let us know how much longer. We appreciated that a lot.

Overall, I would rate a 3 for average food and long wait time, but a bump up to 4 because the service was so great.

Lone Star T, Guest Relations Manager at Lone Star Texas Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2016

Hi JLC1481,
Thank you for reviewing Lone Star, we appreciate your feedback.
If you would like the General Manager to reach out to you to discuss your review further, please email tequila@lstg.ca your contact information.
Regards,

Reviewed 12 September 2016

Family of 5 including 2 day old baby went for supper. The servers were very attentive to details and made our dining experience very pleasurable. We ordered wings, angus burger, wrap and poutine and it all was very yummy.

Lone Star T, Guest Relations Manager at Lone Star Texas Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2016

Hi Kathy,

Reviewed 8 September 2016 via mobile

With Mexican fare options few and far between in Ottawa Lone Star is always a great place to grab some great tasting tex-mex.

While their menu has definitely shrunk over the years - what remains won't leave you disappointed!

I always opt for the enchiladas - can't seem to get enough of these things! But always ask for some extra sauce on the side... they tend to come out a little shy on the sauce ( for my liking anyway!)

Service is always great especially "Teddy" who is one of my favorite people in the world - this guy'll bend over backwards for ya and does so with ease. People in the industry could take a note from this guy on customer service!

Lone Star T, Guest Relations Manager at Lone Star Texas Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2016

Hi Elemes613,

Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

A group of us came for lunch and it took over an hour and a half. Food was good when it arrived but we had to wait a while for it.

Not a place to go with a group of you're in a rush.

Lone Star T, Guest Relations Manager at Lone Star Texas Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2016

Hi Rosanna,
Thank you for reviewing Lone Star, we appreciate your feedback.
My apologies for the slow service you received.
The manager would like to reach out to you. If you would like to be contacted, please email tequila@lstg.ca your information.
Regards,