“Fantastic food and an impressive Tequila menu to choose from.”
Review of Ace Mercado - CLOSED

Ace Mercado
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 June 2016

The service was excellent, fast and friendly. We had made a reservation however when we arrived there was no need as it was still pretty quiet. We sat by the window right at the corner so we had a good view.

We tried the following from the menu:

Vilma's Guacamole
Tuna Sashimi Tartare
La Firma Ceviche
Tacos, flight of 4
The Duck Duo
Chicken Tostada
Chocolate truffles

The Guacamole was so fresh and delicious, they refilled our bowl of chips so we could finish it off. The Tuna Tartare was also very delicious and was presented nicely. La Firma Ceviche was also very fresh tasting and delicious. The tacos were good, not the best we've ever had but decent. The Chicken Tostada had a nice mix of flavours but was a little on the dry side. The Duck Duo and specifically the Duck Confit Enchilada is to die for. It is so good I could just order a half dozen of those except that unfortunately the Duck Confit Enchilada is not listed on the menu as a separate item.

I also tried Sangrita for the first time with my Tequila and it's so full of flavour and is a delightful accompaniment. If you're having Tequila and have never had Sangrita before I would recommend trying it.

We wrapped up our meal with Chocolate truffles which were very good. We were comped for dessert as the kitchen got behind and it took a while to get the truffles.

I would definitely go back with the great service and delicious food. The only thing I wasn't really a fan of is their chairs which are high and heavy and hard to adjust or pull in once you're seated.

1  Thank JonoCono
Ace_SocialMedia, Public Relations Manager at Ace Mercado, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2016

Love the praise JonoCono! Gorgeous pictures too!

Reviewed 1 June 2016

Lots of credit to the design and service team here for bringing a new flair to the market. The innovation from both the bar and kitchen shine through.

1  Thank Qi H
Reviewed 30 May 2016

Primo downtown hotspot!! My buddies and I stopped by for a drink or two before the girlfriends joined us. Unreal drinks and the best service I've ever had. We were here on a friday and they had a deal on for Old Fashioneds. It was the best way to start off the night, when the ladies joined us they had some margaritas and I'll probably never hear the end about how good they were. Needless to say I will be getting dragged back... Happily.

2  Thank TrevStrat
Reviewed 30 May 2016

Nice spot. Nice service. Very pleasant terrace. Typical and various genuine mexican receipe. Though, rather expensive considering the size of the portions served...

2  Thank Valerie B
Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

Oh my word what ridiculous service. These guys could only survive in an accepting environment or a lot of passing trade.

That said, the food was ok and when they made a mistake on my order it was fixed promptly.

80s rock music gave the place a really authentic feel!?!?!!?!

1  Thank Avanturistika