“Delicious, fresh and innovative ”
Review of Fraser Cafe

Fraser Cafe
Ranked #4 of 2,961 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

This is nouveau cuisine at its best. The interesting variety in this small quaint restaurant was just right. The menu is limited with seasonal options. The wait staff is attentive and knowledgeable. They also know their menu and are willing to make recommendations as well as accommodate dietary restrictions. The food arrived hot and beautifully presented. We thoroughly enjoyed the dining 'experience' and would definitely recommend making reservations.

1  Thank sunnyrga

Reviewed 23 September 2017 via mobile

I was there for my birthday dinner earlier this month and I was happy with the quality of food. I got their duck entree which was cooked to perfection. Very flavourful with crispy skin. We also got the tuna & scallops for our appetizer but to be honest I wasn't too impressed. My partner got the short rib that he liked but not loved. He also got an addition of fries with that but we didn't finish it as it was subpar. Not very crispy and too much cheese.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

This was the first occasion I had to try this restaurant. My friend made the reservation for lunch, so it provided a good opportunity to try it. It lived up to its reviews.

Reviewed 19 September 2017

This restaurant is really a great place for a relaxed meal where they knock it out of the park with excellent and innovative quality food that is only topped by their friendly, personal, attentive yet laid back service. I enjoyed the wine recommended, and their home smoked pork belly and honey smoked ice cream really stood out. Already planning for our next meal.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Just back from a group dinner in their private dining room. Once again we were not disappointed. Everything was cooked perfectly with friendly and efficient service. We had deliciously moist chicken breast, others had the short ribs and raved about them. Bill with opener, main, desert, wine and tip was $200 but I am not complaining. A great night out!