“Delightful Dinner!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 November 2017

My friend and I went to Town the other night. We had heard many great things about this restaurant, but have never had an opportunity to try it. We went on a Wednesday night and it was hopping (so I recommend that you make a reservation). The menu is limited (which I appreciated as having too many choices just gets tedious and begs the question about the quality of the food). I chose the steak tartare to start and I must say this is one of the nicest steak tartare that I have had in Ottawa. For seconds I had the bucatini pasta amatriciana which were cooked al dente and deliciously comforting. As an aside, the bread is lovely and we both had desserts which were a great way to end the meal. Oh, and the coffee was superb! All in all, this was a lovely meal in a vibrant locale with pleasant service. I will definitely return...have already planned what I'm trying next.

1  Thank WorldlyWench

Reviewed 10 November 2017

This was my first time to Town, and I was very impressed. Dined with my wife, and relative. For apps my wife and I shared the Beef Tartare, and the BBQ'd Octopus. The Tartare was great, one of the best in the city. The BBQ'd Octopus was fantastic. I've had octopus at several places in the city, and usually come away underwhelmed. Not Town's Octopus though, it is not only the best in the city, but it is the best I've ever had, and that includes trying octopus dozens of times in several different countries. Well done.
For the mains, we shared ricotta stuffed meat balls, and bucatini amatriciana. The flavours of both dishes were most impressive, portion size was good, and served hot.
All around an excellent place to dine, will go back. I only wish it was a little cheaper, so I could go back often.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

We took the opportunity to dine at Town this week during our stay in Ottawa! While the menu appeared to be limited, I must say that we all eventually found starters and main courses which we really enjoyed! Our starters included the octopus, potatoes, carrots, olives, and pasta plates; the octopus and potatoes being the highlight! Our mains included scallops, cauliflower, and pasta plates! All of the dishes were refined and prepared beautifully! Thus, I wouldn't hesitate to return next time I'm in town!

Reviewed 29 October 2017

We were welcomed and seated quickly and were offered water and drinks promptly.

The space itself has minimalist decor so you get the feeling that they've decided to focus on food and service which turned out to be true. Service throughout was friendly and efficient.

We ordered a half-bottle of red wine (from Friuli) from the interesting wine list to go with our succession of small plates. We had the warm olives, the roasted carrots, the eggplant/gorgonzola mezzaluna, the rabbit rissotto, the bbq'd octopus and as suggested by our waitress, the small plate of meatballs from the large plates part of the menu. We thought the standouts were the rabbit rissotto which was earthy and delicious, the bbq'd octopus which was so tender and had a great char on it and was complimented perfectly by the salsa and puree, and the ricotta-stuffed meatballs which were outstanding, but I personally would have liked a little more of the creamy polenta that came with them! One dish left me disappointed and that was the mezzaluna which, while having great flavours and accompaniments, had an off-putting gummy texture which I couldn't get past.

Despite this last comment, we thought the experience overall was what we were hoping for with a great variety of taste sensations, a level of service that complemented the enjoyment of our food (a special thank you to our server for pointing out the small-plate meatball option which wasn't that obvious on the menu) and an unhurried pacing that was perfect. Without alcohol, our meal came to about $80 for two and there was plenty of food with our small plates orders that we had no room for dessert.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

The restaurant isn't big. We were happy to sit at the bar to avoid waiting time. Ricotta stuffed meatballs is a must try for first time comers. I did regret not pouring enough cheese sauce on my meatballs and now want to go back to do so.